Chest infection Watch

Jenx301
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I went to see my GP today about something else and she heard me coughing and asked to listen to my chest. Anyway she asked me a few things and said I have a chest infection. I told her I started feeling better today anyway but she gave me anti biotics and I don't know if there is any point taking them. My cough is holding on but that's it really. I haven't got a temperature anymore and I'm not coughing up as much stuff as I was and all that so should I just leave it cos I don't wanna get resistant to antibiotics or some **** lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
CoolCavy
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
take them i used to be very very prone to chest infections and one time i was hardly coughing at all (like you) and it turns out i nearly had bronchitis. Take them jen xxx
stay safe lovely xxx

oh yeah and as homeland says you are more likely to develop resistance if you take a couple and then don't take them x
bulgylau
Badges: 21
Report 3 years ago
If I've learnt anything in GCSE Biology B1, it's that you must always finish a course of antibiotics, otherwise the remaining few pathogens in your body will reproduce resulting in you contracting the infection again.
Jenx301
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I haven't started them yet, not sure if it's worth it. Thanks for the advice though guys xxxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (112)
17.53%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (68)
10.64%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (110)
17.21%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (94)
14.71%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (63)
9.86%
How can I be the best version of myself? (192)
30.05%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed