The Student Room Group

Toxic workplace grinding me down- called colleague a F'in D***head...

Basically my workplace is like toxic sludge. The boss is a complete bully (but not by normal standards). She's conniving and lying, manipulative and case-book psychopath.

Not going to get too much into that, but she's unbelievably evil. Corruption to the highest level. HR is external agency- they are friends with her, she's pally with company directors and my line manager is her mate. All of the employees are frightened of her.

My workplace is so bad that recently I've gotten ill-- mind you, I already have issues with my anger. I can explode within seconds of someone saying something. I'm very reactive.

A duty manager turned around to me and lectured me about something I did today which admittedly was 'sloppy' performance, but I've been working day in day out-- either evening shift or full split shift. He patronisingly went about it and talked down to me.

I could feel my anger building up-- I called him a "f****** d***head" as I walked away. I dunno if he heard but he never reacted to me. I dunno if he will report me, but if he does I will get fired for sure. I'm already on my final written warning for something that happened last year- which I felt was wrong. I was unfairly treated as a whistleblower of something-- it all got convoluted and I ended up getting disciplined. Now I'm gonna get fired. I dunno if he heard it, but another colleague of mine did, I dunno if she will report it though.

What can I do for my own sanity?
Quit. Your health is more important than a job.
if it is as bad as you're describing then i recommend you resign as soon as possible. start looking for jobs at other companies.
Reply 3
This is the wrong kind of grinding
Original post by DougallnDougall
Quit. Your health is more important than a job.

This is the best advice. I spent 4 years of my life in various different call centres, I hated every single second of it - I hated idiots shouting at me down the phone, being micromanaged, working god awful shifts for crap pay. It got to the stage where my life was sleep > work > sleep > work. I hated getting up in the morning because I had to go to work and I hated coming home from work knowing I had to go the next day.

One day I just suddenly thought "WTF am I doing to myself" and walked out.

Best decision I've ever made.
should have RKO'd him through a table and left.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending