Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hey guys im doing AS-French and I have my French oral exam this month nd I haven't gotten round to learning vocab for all the topics and our teacher are making us have a lot of vocab tests so ive been using quizlet to learn vocab for each topic so I though id share it with you guys
    https://quizlet.com/Josna_Jose/folders/french
    I haven't done vocab for all the topics( in doing WEJC)
    but remember to not just learn ever single word trust me !! pick out the ones u think are really important and ones u think u'd use u can "star" it to make a separate list.
    try to learn no more that 20 words for each topic so that u can learn them well and ull actually remember them !!
    good luck to anyone that have orals coming up !
    im in denial and have been putting all prep for this exam off but this method really does help!!
    hope u guys find this useful in any way if u like it pls comment

links for specific topics:
    entertainment, sports and hobbies
    https://quizlet.com/125344597/wjec-a...s-flash-cards/

customs and traditions:
    https://quizlet.com/124049358/wjec-a...b-flash-cards/

travel and tourism:
    https://quizlet.com/124048297/travel...b-flash-cards/

diet:
    https://quizlet.com/119732373/diet-v...y-flash-cards/

drugs, alcohol, smoking:
    https://quizlet.com/119730926/wjec-a...g-flash-cards/

sports:
    https://quizlet.com/119730317/wjec-a...t-flash-cards/

theatre, music, literature:
    https://quizlet.com/119728585/theatr...b-flash-cards/

communication technology:
    https://quizlet.com/119727755/commun...b-flash-cards/

(Original post by Exotic-L)
    hey guys im doing AS-French and I have my French oral exam this month nd I haven't gotten round to learning vocab for all the topics and our teacher are making us have a lot of vocab tests so ive been using quizlet to learn vocab for each topic so I though id share it with you guys
    https://quizlet.com/Josna_Jose/folders/french
    I haven't done vocab for all the topics( in doing WEJC)
    but remember to not just learn ever single word trust me !! pick out the ones u think are really important and ones u think u'd use u can "star" it to make a separate list.
    try to learn no more that 20 words for each topic so that u can learn them well and ull actually remember them !!
    good luck to anyone that have orals coming up !
    im in denial and have been putting all prep for this exam off but this method really does help!!
    hope u guys find this useful in any way if u like it pls comment
    If someone needs help in french , don't hesitate to contact me (I'm french)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrenchUnicorn)
    hey, thanks ! I see you a lot on tsr hehe

hey, thanks ! I see you a lot on tsr hehe
    Stalker :lol: (just kidding :P)
    Yeah that's because I'm already cursed, I'm addicted ! Run before it's too late ! :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Stalker :lol: (just kidding :P)
    Yeah that's because I'm already cursed, I'm addicted ! Run before it's too late ! :lol:

haha ur too late ! I've already started falling into the trap :grin:

haha ur too late ! I've already started falling into the trap :grin:
    I think the guy who created TSR is just a huge Monster who particularerly enjoys eating students souls .. :O !

ReputationRep:
    I think the guy who created TSR is just a huge Monster who particularerly enjoys eating students souls .. :O !
    haha I can see where ur coming from lol !!
    its made to help us (which it does) buh its the biggest hole to fall into when u want to procrastinate like mad

haha I can see where ur coming from lol !!
    its made to help us (which it does) buh its the biggest hole to fall into when u want to procrastinate like mad
    :lol:

Indeed :cry2: but it's a good thing anyway, I can practise my english everyday and that's awesome

ReputationRep:
    I have a question!! on my vocab list for drugs/smoking and alcohol, "avoir/former une dépendance à" means "to be/become addicted to" how can I break it into "to be addicted to " and "become addicted to"?
    should I just say "avoir une dépendane à" and "former une dépendance à" im not sure if the second one will change
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    :lol:

Indeed :cry2: but it's a good thing anyway, I can practise my english everyday and that's awesome
    ur learning eng? wow ur eng is amazing !!

I have a question!! on my vocab list for drugs/smoking and alcohol, "avoir/former une dépendance à" means "to be/become addicted to" how can I break it into "to be addicted to " and "become addicted to"?
    should I just say "avoir une dépendane à" and "former une dépendance à" im not sure if the second one will change
    thanks
    Litteraly :
    To be addicted to : être dépendant de
    Become addicted to : devenir dépendant de

"Avoir une dépendance à" et "former une dépendance à" are both correct anyway ^^

ur learning eng? wow ur eng is amazing !!
    Really ? Thank youuuu !

I learned it at school but that was not enough (only 1h per week ..) so I kinda learned by myself, by seeing my movies in original version, and reading my books in english

ReputationRep:
    Really ? Thank youuuu !

I learned it at school but that was not enough (only 1h per week ..) so I kinda learned by myself, by seeing my movies in original version, and reading my books in english
    omg really ?! that's amazing! ur gonna be my inspiration for learning languages now lol! so do u live in france rn? u have soo much dedication!!!

haha ur making me freakout ur English is probably better than mine !

give me some tips for French lol I need to do a lot of work to improve
    any recommendations for books and movies as well?

ReputationRep:
    Litteraly :
    To be addicted to : être dépendant de
    Become addicted to : devenir dépendant de

"Avoir une dépendance à" et "former une dépendance à" are both correct anyway ^^
    merci beaucoup!!

omg really ?! that's amazing! ur gonna be my inspiration for learning languages now lol! so do u live in france rn?

give me some tips for French lol I need to do a lot of work to improve
    any recommendations for books and movies as well?
    Anw that's sweet :3 I like to learn new languages ^^ I speak french, english, arabic fluently. I can understand a bit of german (but barely speak it, I don't have the opportunity to practise tho : S) and I'll start learn Czech next year

Yep I live in Paris ^^

Honestly take the movies/book you like, and just settle the movies in french and buy the books in french version ^^ because except the classic french litterature Idk contemporary books in french lol (I have an english obssession since I'm little) and the french movies are kinda bad :lol: oh no ! Intouchables !! He's amazing, did you see him ?

merci beaucoup!!
    De rien

ReputationRep:
    Anw that's sweet :3 I like to learn new languages ^^ I speak french, english, arabic fluently. I can understand a bit of german (but barely speak it, I don't have the opportunity to practise tho : S) and I'll start learn Czech next year

Yep I live in Paris ^^

Honestly take the movies/book you like, and just settle the movies in french and buy the books in french version ^^ because except the classic french litterature Idk contemporary books in french lol (I have an english obssession since I'm little) and the french movies are kinda bad :lol: oh no ! Intouchables !! He's amazing, did you see him ?

De rien
    wow Arabic too?!! I guessing u learnt it by yourself too! good luch learning Czech next year!
    I will try finding French versions of books I like thanks! nd no I havnt watched it must be good right?
    (do u read the sub titles when u watch? cause I do! its a bad habit )

wow Arabic too?!! I guessing u learnt it by yourself too! good luch learning Czech next year!
    I will try finding French versions of books I like thanks! nd no I havnt watched it must be good right?
    (do u read the sub titles when u watch? cause I do! its a bad habit )
    Actually my dad is french and my mum is algerian so I did not really learned to speak arabic, it's kinda native too due to my mum :3 but I did a few years of arabic at school to learn to read it ^^

Thanks !

Yep I totally want you to see Intouchables !!!

Reading a subtitle is not a bad habit AT ALL ! Read them carefully ! That's how I really learned english try to focus on the new words you hear, and associate them with the subtitles. It'll be hard at first , but after a few times of watching it'll be totally okay !

ReputationRep:
    So the best way to learn a language is to watch films in that language? I might start doing that for new languages... I dont know if I'll do well though. Might do French and German, as I learn it for GCSEs.

(Original post by TheMasterofLife)
    So the best way to learn a language is to watch films in that language? I might start doing that for new languages... I dont know if I'll do well though. Might do French and German, as I learn it for GCSEs.
    Honestly it's a really good way! That, and reading too ^^
    Personnally I learned much more things in english by watching movies than at school !

For the German I used to watch a few minutes of Arte every night

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMasterofLife)
    my teachers always recommend listening to French radio too but I find that its really difficult to take anything in

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.