Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter


    I applied for student finance for 2016/17 UG and have asked both my parents to support my application. My mother's income is fairly straightforward however my father was made redundant in May last year, was self-employed for around three months and began working full-time for a company again in October last year. He got a lump sum of redundancy money and some was taxable. Both my parents also have some income letting out a house.

    Would my father have to declare his severance pay as part of his income on this form? Also is this for the 2015/16 tax year or 2014/15?

    Many thanks.
    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Bonoahx

    To support the 2016/2017 application, please ask both parents to enter their income from the 2014/2015 tax year.

Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.