The Student Room Group

Father refusing to help with university costs

Hi there,
I've been at uni for two years, and have always put both of my parents incomes on my finance forms. They're both together. However, my father hasn't never supported me financially when it comes to my academics, it's always been my mum. Which has been okay, but now I'm at uni and he's still refusing to input anything. He's the main breadwinner of the family, so the more he's earning, the less I'm actually getting.

Things are getting a bit tight with money, and I was wondering if there was a way around having to put his annual incomes in. Seeing as he's never going to support me financially.

Many thanks
Original post by CherryHufflepuff
Hi there,
I've been at uni for two years, and have always put both of my parents incomes on my finance forms. They're both together. However, my father hasn't never supported me financially when it comes to my academics, it's always been my mum. Which has been okay, but now I'm at uni and he's still refusing to input anything. He's the main breadwinner of the family, so the more he's earning, the less I'm actually getting.

Things are getting a bit tight with money, and I was wondering if there was a way around having to put his annual incomes in. Seeing as he's never going to support me financially.

Many thanks

Hi there, As both parents live in the household we would require them both to provide their income details to be able to assess you for the higher amount of funding. I understand his income may reduce your entitlement but the income would still be needed from both parents. Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending