The Student Room Group

Girls tell it to me honestly. Be as brutal as you like.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I'm a guy. Without boasting or being cocky, I used to "pull" girls without really trying because I was fairly good looking, fun to be around and smart. Then came the nightmare of nightmares. Acne. I have acne. Since I got acne in late year 10, I feel as though girls are just not interested in me. I am now in Year 12. I think over the course of year 11 and year 12 i pulled maybe three girls in total and made one of them my girlfriend. My acne isnt terrible. Its bad but its not as bad as some people have it. But I am almost 100% certain that this is why girls dont have much interest in me anymore. So For the girls.. does acne affect whether you're interested in someone..be brutal. Be honest. I want to know. Ty.

No worries you're a young fella going through a phase, it's apart of life. Any sort of spots on the skin I notice tbh I don't even like freckles, or beauty marks clear skin is one of those things for me. If you're that insecure lift weights for distraction and confidence.
I'm a guy. Without boasting or being cocky, I used to "pull" girls without really trying because I was fairly good looking, fun to be around and smart. Then came the nightmare of nightmares. Acne. I have acne. Since I got acne in late year 10, I feel as though girls are just not interested in me. I am now in Year 12. I think over the course of year 11 and year 12 i pulled maybe three girls in total and made one of them my girlfriend. My acne isnt terrible. Its bad but its not as bad as some people have it. But I am almost 100% certain that this is why girls dont have much interest in me anymore. So For the girls.. does acne affect whether you're interested in someone..be brutal. Be honest. I want to know. Ty.

You look rank mate, face it.

Wait til uni and pray it's gone by then.
The moment you fall in love with their personality you'd see that every part of them is beautiful including their flaws and looks, so to me it doesnt matter tbh :smile:

Also, if you're struggling to get rid of your acne try the facial cleanser, mask and hydration cream from Murrad!! Trust its unbelievable because I had acne from year 9 till year 12 it wasnt until October time that when I used these product all o f them started to go and the good thing is they'd barely come back unless its hormonal :smile: Try that, like I know you're a guy and perhaps not into facial routine etc but have a go :smile:

Forget acne. I am not going to be interested in any guy before marriage just to have soke fun. I am going to have arranged marriage anyways and i trust my family comoletely, but obvioulsy it will be upto me .Husband my first and last boyfriend.

So if my husband develops acne, i will still love him.
Original post by M14B
You used to pull girls before Y10 (!!) when you got acne.
Before Y10 I did not know that you could pull your plonker, let alone girls.
And now with acne you still pulled 3?!
And you have a girlfriend!
Sorry I am losing sympathy.

Exactly what I was gonna say :biggrin:
Good luck on your acne clearing up, drink plenty of water, eats lots of fruits and vegetables, don't get stressed out. I used to have a lot of pimples, however, they are all gone due to my diet and thinking.

It's not a turn on, however, a guy needs to have other things instead of looks such as confidence, character, intelligence, humour, kind, loyal, ambitious, charming, etc.

Good luck!

lol you have already pulled 5 times more girls then me Chill m8

Spoiler

Can't say until we seen the pics
no, i couldnt care less about acne.
perhaps you should focus less on trying to pull all the girls and instead find a girl you really like and try to maintain a good relationship with her instead. showing some maturity never hurt in getting people to like you.
It depends on how big the problem is.
One of my closest friends had acne and even though he was funny, sociable, fit etc. I realised that other girls where making fun of him because of acne: /
He knew but he never left it affect him. He never lost his self esteem and later on he find a really nice girlfriend.
Personally I would not mind at all. :smile: however it seems that many girls would.. well you cant have them all:biggrin:
So my advice is to not let it affect your psychology :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks for being honest... Do you think confidence outweighs acne?

nope don't I mean you've got acne yet your being confident about yourself you'll scare the girls that. Im sorry if I was harsh but just being honest
Original post by xobeauty
No worries you're a young fella going through a phase, it's apart of life. Any sort of spots on the skin I notice tbh I don't even like freckles, or beauty marks clear skin is one of those things for me. If you're that insecure lift weights for distraction and confidence.

honestly for girls (generally speaking) don't care about acne and we like a guy thats passionate about what hes feeling towards us we don't care about your stupid acne it'll all go away but if you look rlly bad with your acne and you don't take care of your skin and not doing anything then you wont be getting girls anytime soon
Not at all (unless it's AWFUL). I feel most people have acne around 13-17 so I wouldn't say it's a factor. Plus these days I feel even if you "aren't a looker" but you have a cracking personality and aren't a complete d***head you can get basically anyone. I suppose the initial attraction may not be there as much anymore, but if people know what you're like, why would it make a difference?
(edited 5 years ago)

Speaking as an acne-sufferer of fifteen years (and counting); this is the single best resource anywhere.
Original post by Profesh
Speaking as an acne-sufferer of fifteen years (and counting); this is the single best resource anywhere.

You have just saved many people, my latest amazon order is going to be HUGE!
Original post by Kookerella
You have just saved many people, my latest amazon order is going to be HUGE!

Personally I'm not yet 'out of the woods' so to speak, but consider it no co-incidence that implementing the advice given in that journal—with particular attention towards cleansing and moisturising, as opposed to simply marinating in benzoyl-peroxide—was followed by my longest spell of remission to date. The product recommendations especially (as you've perhaps already ascertained) I'd deem to be worth their weight in gold.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending