The Student Room Group

Can't send Original passport

Dear SFE

I've just received a letter from you, saying that you need me to send my original passport.
This won't be possible because I will be traveling between Denmark and London, looking for accommodation.
The letter says "Send us original documents. We don't accept photocopies."
So what can I do?
It is NOT possible for me to get any kind of temporary passport from Denmark, while you are in possession of my original.

I am assuming that a copy, stamped by Danish government will be sufficient, I just want to make sure?
I am a EU citizen of Danish nationality.

Ea
Hi EaQ

If you are applying for the postgraduate loan for a masters course you must send original ID to have the application assessed. If you and an EU ID card, you can send this instead of a passport. We will not accept copies.

Thanks
Reply 2
EaQ
OP
Denmark does not have national identity cards.
We have social security cards, where I have both the Danish and the blue European one. Will this be sufficient?

I am not sure how to go about sending you my original passport. I have been advised not to sign for any room in London, without viewing it first, but I can't travel to view rooms without my passport, and If it can take 4-6 weeks to return it, the I might not even be able to have it back in time for enrollment.

I am traveling to London for an official Accomodation day at my school at the end of next week. Is there anywhere I can walk in, and show my passport to, and then get it back again?
Original post by EaQ
Denmark does not have national identity cards.
We have social security cards, where I have both the Danish and the blue European one. Will this be sufficient?

I am not sure how to go about sending you my original passport. I have been advised not to sign for any room in London, without viewing it first, but I can't travel to view rooms without my passport, and If it can take 4-6 weeks to return it, the I might not even be able to have it back in time for enrollment.

I am traveling to London for an official Accomodation day at my school at the end of next week. Is there anywhere I can walk in, and show my passport to, and then get it back again?

Hi,

The only this we could advise at this stage would be to wait until you are in London to permanently for your course to send the passport to us. Our office is in Darlington and they can not give you the document back that day it will go into the normal workflow to be processed.

Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending