The Student Room Group

University Entry Requirements

If I want to apply to a University with entry requirements of AAB and I have just got ACCC at AS level, would it be best waiting to apply with my A2 grades next year and taking a gap year (hoping to get better results next year)? Or applying with my AS grades?
No, you can still apply during your second year. Most people applying don't have the exact predictions the unis ask for when it comes to entry requirements. When giving offers they have to consider your personal stament and references, some of which the offers sometimes are based off.

As for your grades, most of the time you're predicted one grade higher for A2 than what you got in AS anyway
Reply 2
Original post by katherine9609
No, you can still apply during your second year. Most people applying don't have the exact predictions the unis ask for when it comes to entry requirements. When giving offers they have to consider your personal stament and references, some of which the offers sometimes are based off.

As for your grades, most of the time you're predicted one grade higher for A2 than what you got in AS anyway

Ok thanks so you wouldn't recommend taking a gap year and applying with my A2 grades instead of AS? I am hoping to do better than 1 grade better in the ones I got C in.
Original post by ryanbrown123
Ok thanks so you wouldn't recommend taking a gap year and applying with my A2 grades instead of AS? I am hoping to do better than 1 grade better in the ones I got C in.

Yeah as there's just no point as long as you can get those C's higher at A2. Getting an offer may sometimes mean you can even get into your course despite missing a grade.

After all you can always decide on the gap year on results day next year

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending