Will Student finance pay for my re take year

    • Thread Starter

    I am currently on a four year Bsc degree course. The first year of my course was the foundation year. I have just compled and failed my second study year but it is referred to by my university as year one. I would like to retake the year. Will student finance fund it if I re take year, since my course is a four year course will I get a 'gift' year?

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    You get length of course + 1 - previous years study. So if you're just retaking a year, you'd get funding.
    • Thread Starter

    Tiger Rag,

    Thank you. That is good news.
    Your is help much appreciated.
Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 20, 2016
TSR Support Team
What is stopping you from being in a happy relationship?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.