The Student Room Group

How do I get a guy to stop asking me out?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
in theory, yes. but in reality, if someone says 'do you want to go out with me sometime?', I find it really hard to say no. I mean, it's really personal, or even if it's not they will likely take it personally. I'd love to have the courage to say no but honestly I just don't

Then don't blame the other person for not "taking the hint" when you didn't outright say no.
Original post by Shipreck
Then don't blame the other person for not "taking the hint" when you didn't outright say no.

I didn't blame him...I never said he was doing anything wrong. I just asked how to get him to stop asking me out.
Am sure its already been said but:

Who you go out with is 100% your choice. If you arent intersted then that is fine.

With this guy you have to be firm, becayse he has it in mind (probably hos understanding of gitls or getting his own way) that if he pesters you enough then you will give in.

Just tell him you arent interested in going out with him. He seems to be ignoring that and his attention is unwanted. If he does it again you will block him and report him to 3rd parties for harassment.

Do that and if he contacts again be sure to screenshot or make notes of his contact and report him to the college or the police. Until it finally dawns on him you are serious he will continue to try and wear you down.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
But.....how?? I'm really bad at this thing, usually after the 50th 'oh that'd be great but I'm super busy every day for the rest of eternity' guys usually get the hint and stop asking. I've never had to straight up say 'hey, I just don't want to date you'

It's not personal because I'm aro but I figure anyone is going to take a rejection personally. He is friendly, if a little pushy, I want to let him down nicely.

Tell him that, "Youre nice but im not interesting in dating you."

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending