The Student Room Group

How can I make new friends in 2nd year?

Okay so background,
I have agroup of friends, but I am becoming to think more and more that 1 of 2 people do so like me, so much that they meet up (sometimes with others) without informing the rest, I also notice this when we are hanging out that people will ignore or even forget about me. there are other little things like that.

The problem is that most of the friends prefer the 2 I mentioned over me, so I can see me slowly being distanced from the group until I become some guy that just hangs out with them

Do I try to make new friends?, I dont want to leave the group, but it might be better

I want to know how to make good friends in 2nd year, I feel as tough in any society the 2nd years will have their own group formed, and 1st years will meet each other.
Reply 1
bump
Original post by Anonymous
Okay so background,
I have agroup of friends, but I am becoming to think more and more that 1 of 2 people do so like me, so much that they meet up (sometimes with others) without informing the rest, I also notice this when we are hanging out that people will ignore or even forget about me. there are other little things like that.

The problem is that most of the friends prefer the 2 I mentioned over me, so I can see me slowly being distanced from the group until I become some guy that just hangs out with them

Do I try to make new friends?, I dont want to leave the group, but it might be better

I want to know how to make good friends in 2nd year, I feel as tough in any society the 2nd years will have their own group formed, and 1st years will meet each other.

Hello :smile:,

I'm sorry that no one has replied to your post as of yet.

In Second Year, well throughout university, friendship groups often shift as you drift from the people you originally 'stuck' with and find people who have similar interests to you and people you feel more comfortable around. It will happen quite naturally but if you want to ensure you find new friends, try joining societies and meeting people there or talking to different people on your course and go from there.

Good luck :biggrin:
Reply 3
Hey, don't forget there's other things outside of University that you can do to meet new people, like volunteering - https://do-it.org/ or joining local sports clubs.

I would say that you haven't got anything to lose going to a society - you either don't make friends and can just leave again, or you do make friends and you've completed your goal. You may as well try.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending