The Student Room Group

Losing my respect for my uncles, aunties

I was bullied when I was slightly younger by one of my uncles (he got away with it) and also appearing to be bullied by my aunty right now (she's getting away with it).

Also I find it strange some of them haven't asked how's my degree have gone in the last 2 years (I'm in my final year part time), they haven't even asked how my exams have gone. I'm seeking programmer, developer jobs right now and I've already had an interview.

They ask me what am I doing now, I say looking for a job, however, they do not say what job, since I've been working as a picker, packer, odd jobs before, I believe they think I'm looking for manual labour jobs.

The strangest thing is, I'm almost 27.5, into my 28th year and they can't even tell me to date a women, look for a women or go for it. Do they want me to be single forever? I get no support or encouragement, they say nice things to my sister and younger cousins, why not me?

I've had a very, very difficult life, I've lost my mother when was very young, in year 8 and life has been very hard.
Hello. Would I be right in guessing you are from an Asian or Muslim background? All I can say is, and I know family is regarded as very important in your culture, but being the age you are, you are an independent person, and adult and answerable to absolutely no one else. You don't owe your relations anything.
Reply 2
Thanks for your reply.

Yeah, you've guessed right, I am Indian.

The worst thing is, the aunt who's bullying me right now, her son has not done well in education at all and I kindly got him his first job, second job and will get him his third job (he hasn't been working for 9 weeks now). Very, very ungrateful person this aunt.
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks for your reply.

Yeah, you've guessed right, I am Indian.

The worst thing is, the aunt who's bullying me right now, her son has not done well in education at all and I kindly got him his first job, second job and will get him his third job (he hasn't been working for 9 weeks now). Very, very ungrateful person this aunt.

Maybe she is jealous,if you are or have done well, and her own son hasn't , so resents you. If so, that's her problem, not yours.
Reply 4
Why is it bullying? Because she's not asking you how you're doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by _Fergo
Why is it bullying? Because she's not asking you how you're doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, it's not that. She is just mean, she sets me up to embarrass me, to make me squirm when I go to her house and her behaviour is just negative towards me. She was also taking the piss out of me when I visited her house last time in her language (which I don't understand well since I speak English 99.9% of the time, however, I understand my mother tongue, but cannot speak it well).she's also chatted crap behind my back (how I never help her son when I have, I only come to their house to have fun and I'm so and so).

I know she's chatted crap behind my back to her sisters because I've heard it from upstairs when she ans her sisters was downstairs.

My most respected uncle used to say she also took advantage of my mom when she was alive and I was just a small kid.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending