The Student Room Group

Only going to have 2 full a-levels and an AS (with circumstances)

I've found 2 Unis (Uni of Essex and Uni of Kent) who would consider taking me with 2 A's in Chemistry and Biology for Computer Science. I'm just stuck on finding universities that would take me with my circumstances.
Reply 1
Original post by xxVENUSx
I've found 2 Unis (Uni of Essex and Uni of Kent) who would consider taking me with 2 A's in Chemistry and Biology for Computer Science. I'm just stuck on finding universities that would take me with my circumstances.

It states on Leicester they take 2AS for an A level. Maybe try contacting them about your circumstances.
Reply 2
Hull University want 112 ucas tarrif points and with 2A's at A2 you'd get 96. If you got a B or higher at AS you'd meet their requirements. Even if you're slightly below 112 they'd probably accept you.. but it's worth contacting them to check.

This is something you would need to contact university admissions about if its not clear on their website. Certainly lower ranked universities are more likely to be more lenient.
Reply 4
I'm feeling so worried, most unis I'm emailing are just rejecting me. Maybe I should convince my head of sixth form to let me take A-Level Maths?
Reply 5
I'm feeling so worried, most unis I'm emailing are just rejecting me. Maybe I should convince my head of sixth form to let me take A-Level Maths?

what other universities have you contacted? what did you achieve in your AS maths? are you predicted 2As?

I guess you can ask to complete you're Maths A Level, however due to you being behind and having to catch up, which may or may not affect your performance in your other subjects, it could be a risk, but that's up to you?

Or, you could just take a gap year and depending on your results this year, see what you can resit next year and get the best grades you can and then apply to uni?
Reply 6
Original post by bhfn
what other universities have you contacted? what did you achieve in your AS maths? are you predicted 2As?

I guess you can ask to complete you're Maths A Level, however due to you being behind and having to catch up, which may or may not affect your performance in your other subjects, it could be a risk, but that's up to you?

Or, you could just take a gap year and depending on your results this year, see what you can resit next year and get the best grades you can and then apply to uni?

I haven't taken any AS Maths, I meant take the AS this year and the A2 next year.
Reply 7
Severe mental health issues and epilepsy
Reply 8
Due to the new spec, I didn't take any AS exams.
I'm taking Chemistry, Biology and AS History.
Reply 9
Due to the new spec, I didn't take any AS exams.
I'm taking Chemistry, Biology and AS History.

if you was to pick up AS maths, there are unis that accept 2AS grades for one A level.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending