The Student Room Group

Dropping out

I'm currently in my 2nd year of uni but I was thinking about leaving during the Christmas break due to anxiety and other issues but I'm not sure what would happen in terms of my student loan. I wouldn't have completed the full year so is there money I need to pay back straight away and if so would it be in bulk or just regular amounts each month?
Original post by Steph Louise
I'm currently in my 2nd year of uni but I was thinking about leaving during the Christmas break due to anxiety and other issues but I'm not sure what would happen in terms of my student loan. I wouldn't have completed the full year so is there money I need to pay back straight away and if so would it be in bulk or just regular amounts each month?

It depends, they would ideally want the full amount back but if you can't afford to a payment plan might be possible
Hi there,

ok so if you are going to leave the course then we will need to get some details from the university to show us when you left. This will then be used to reassess your application for finance as the funding we pay you is under the assumption you will be on the course for the whole academic year. We will assess you from when you started to when you left. This may result in an overpayment of loan or grants. If that happens, you are required to pay any overpayment back asap. The remaining amount that you are entitled to have whilst at university will be added to your balance and will be paid back through the normal repayment process.

Hope this helps,

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending