Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Please help, Muslims will probably only understand Watch

• Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SinsNotTragedies)
    No can do :naughty::
    Funny how one comment can trigger someone. What is it with some Muslims and getting so defensive over something harmless like that?

I was only talking about walruses omg I love walruses, maybe she doesn't like walruses. Are they walrusphobic?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MiszShortee786)
    Not only did you commit associating partners with Allah you have shown yourself to superior then the one that has created you. Which doesnt make any sense. So the only 'pointless dogma' is coming from you.

Lets reach the afterlife 'matey' and then lets see who lived a life worth living.

Our Beloved Prophet Muhammad (Sallahu Alayhi Waslaam) has said:
    This world is a prison for the believers and paradise for the non-believers
    [Sahih Muslim Book 042, Number 7058]
    All the available scientific evidence shows that consciousness is a function of the physical brain.

What evidence do you have that our consciousness survives after physical death.
    If you have none (which I know you haven't because I am up to date on all the work in this field), what reason do have for believing in an "afterlife"?

Furthermore, what evidence do you have that this afterlife is your version of it, and not someone else's - where you will be tortured forever for the crime of being born into a Muslim family rather then a Christian one (or any other)?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Funny how one comment can trigger someone. What is it with some Muslims and getting so defensive over something harmless like that?

I was only talking about walruses omg I love walruses, maybe she doesn't like walruses. Are they walrusphobic?
    It's bc walruses are uglier than seals sorry :emo: - Allah only wants to give you the best, a seal on your heart and mind. :love:

ReputationRep:
    Aha according to you Allah does not exist because Allah has sealed your eyes ears and hearts to the call of Islam. (Again you may not get this point).
    This is true. It is explicit in the Quran.
    So, if his disbelief is due to Allah preventing him from believing, how is it in any way just for Allah to punish him for it?

ReputationRep:
    By the ways we all known HP is fictional that has no relevance here.
    Oh the irony, it burns!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AishaGirl)
    It's my opinion that sleeping around is filthy, committing to your husband or wife to make love and conceive a gift from Allah swt is not filthy, it is a blessing.
    What is your opinion of Muslims who use IVF or sperm/egg donors to conceive?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SinsNotTragedies)
    It's bc walruses are uglier than seals sorry :emo: - Allah only wants to give you the best, a seal on your heart and mind. :love:
    That is not fair, I thought they were very similar animals

Oh, I see, it makes sense now. Thank you Alan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AishaGirl)
    I don't think you can mark it on a scale. I want him to be fully practicing and be pious but I won't tolerate him telling me to never leave the house and I can only leave the house with his permission etc.
    The standard Islamic model requires wives to obey their husbands.
    https://islamqa.info/en/43123
    http://www.islamweb.net/en/article/1...ey-to-paradise
    https://quran.com/4/34
    http://en.islamway.net/article/12221...-over-his-wife
    and so on...

If you refused to obey him on certain issues, would you be happy for him to invoke sura 4:34?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by astutehirstute)
    Allah has placed a seal on my hear and mind? And will consign me to an eternity in hell as a consequence???

Why? How could he do this to me?

Could a Muslim please explain?

Being tortured for ever and ever because Allah has put a seal on my heart and mind seems really unfair.

Why doesn't he break my seal? Why doesn't he care about me?

Or any of the millions of others he has placed this seal on?
    as the official theory goes, Allah places a seal only on the heart of those who deserve it

and who deserves it ? well, unbelievers : those who cannot recognise the truth since their hearts have been sealed by Allah

a sort of theological chicken/egg situation, in my opinion

best

Quran, 2:5-6
    "As for the unbelievers, it is the same whether or not you forewarn them; they will not have faith. God has set a seal upon their hearts and ears; their sight is dimmed and grievous punishment awaits them."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HAnwar)
    LOL
    Smashed it 👌
    You do realise that...
    "You are like the one who can see but is blind, can hear but is deaf, and whose heart and mind can think but cannot comprehend - with all your senses and faculties you fumble about in the dark blindly calling on others to open their eyes whilst you refuse to open your own."
    Perfectly describes the religious indoctrinate, but has no relevance to the person who uses logic, reason and evidence to determine what they accept?

No. You probably don't do you?

So sad.

ReputationRep:
    I dont do jokes unless they are halal and truthful.

Yes think about it I am not here to spoon feed you every little bit of information on what the biased media is portraying these days. Non-Islamic men are not tolerant of women in the first place to be honest as they dont value them as much as righteous men believe it or not.
    I usually stay quiet on these types of threads but just couldn't keep my fingers off the keyboard at this comment.

My parents have been married for almost 57 years. My dad has the upmost respect for my mum, he loves her, worships her, values her, in return, she has the upmost respect for him, she loves him, worships him, values him.

There has never been any other for either of them, they are soul mates, they are a team (a formidable one at that), a perfect fit. They have been through horrible times and joyous times but even now in their twilight years, they still have that same love for each other that sparked all those years ago when they first met and got married.

They do not follow any faith..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zamestaneh)
    Only a fool would have an 'all or nothing' attitude
    So you accept that it is legitimate to pick and choose which elements of Islam you want to adhere to.

ReputationRep:
    those who choose to walk into the Fire themselves
    But if Allah has set a seal, etc, plus Qadr, it is obviously not their choice.

Unless you believe that people can make choices beyond Allah's omniscience and predetermination.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leukocyte)
    In Islam a husband has rights over his wife. She should ask for his permission when leaving the house otherwise it is haraam.
    But I thought that men and women had equal rights in Islam?

So a husband must also ask his wife's permission to leave the house.

ReputationRep:
    Non-Islamic men are not tolerant of women in the first place to be honest
    well, Misz, there you blew it.

most of us know, from personal experience, that this is simply not true. Unfortunately, your
    kuffarophobic prejudices and generalisations are showing...

best

ReputationRep:
    "O' ma gerd, Muslim women are so oppressed that they don't believe they are really oppressed asdfgjkldjg"
    To quote brother Leocosade..
    "In Islam a husband has rights over his wife. She should ask for his permission when leaving the house otherwise it is haraam."

We both know that a husband does not have to ask for a wife's permission to leave the house.

Hmm...

ReputationRep:
    LOL. Too busy being awesome.
    You do realise that your ealier quote explicitly illustrated gender opression?

No, you probably don't do you?

ReputationRep:
    Hi sister
    Firstly in order to eradicate the unhappiness from your life you must submit yourself to Allah. I don't want to sound like the religious preacher but that's where you have to begin. Start off by becoming more punctual on your salah and start reading a bit of quran regularly. This will boost you on a spiritual level and watch slowly doors will start to open for you. Regarding your relationship, it is unislamic and it would be best for you to end it. As muslims we can't expect to pick and choose bits of Islam and then expect good to enter our lives, do you get the drift. Certain things can be hard but if you remain firm you will be rewarded most definitely.

ReputationRep:
    He wouldn't need to. His job is to provide for me so I don't expect him to do that. He has to leave the house whereas it isn't really necessary for me to.
    What has "necessity" got to do with it?

So, by your argument, if a husband wanted to leave the house to just go and drink tea with his mates, he must ask permission of his wife.

Fair enough.

(BTW, you are lady. Didn't realise)

ReputationRep:
    Lesbian and gays was not as quite common as it nowadays. Nowadays its a norm.
    Ha! Obviously not a fan of history. But then, why would you be? The Quran contains all the history you need.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homose...ancient_Greece
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homose...n_ancient_Rome
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_in_China
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_homosexuality
    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...al-import-myth

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.