The Student Room Group

Bit of a silly question really but...

I am wanting to know how much your GCSE results affect getting a girlfriend.
I am in set 2 in all my lessons except maths where I'm in set 3. In my mocks I passed them all with a few Cs mainly Bs and a few As. I am wanting to know if this will affect my chances if I was to ask a girl out who is in set 1 for everything.

Scroll to see replies

Not gonna lie, if I were thinking of dating someone, the first question would NOT be "how many A*s you get? I gotta have standards!" I don't think that's a deciding factor for someone in high school, they either like you or not.
(edited 7 years ago)
Just be yourself mate, I've never met a girl who judges a guy based on his capacity to succeed in GCSE exams - not acting brain-dead is good enough for most girls.
Reply 3
You are asking a girl out on a date, not making a university application.

It probably only matters on TSR where some people would only date Oxbridge students with 100 A*s but elsewhere it doesn't matter.
Thanks for the responses! It's just a friend told me that she's too good for me because she is in set 1.
Original post by Sgt. Peppers
Thanks for the responses! It's just a friend told me that she's too good for me because she is in set 1.

Well then that friend is just weird...

na they dont affect getting a gf :colonhash: your grades dont define who you aare its just a 'letter':rofl:
meh, you got nothing to worry about. in my school, a guy in set 5 is going out with a girl in set 2. so, yeah, i think you get what i mean.
None. It sounds like either she was joking, looking for an excuse or just has very weird criteria compared to most other people
Reply 10
They couldn't care less if you were a set 6 pupil. I don't think your friend knows too much about females
Original post by tasha_tah
na they dont affect getting a gf :colonhash: your grades dont define who you aare its just a 'letter':rofl:

True :yep: I agree :tongue:
If you're not in set 1 don't bother talking to girls who are set 1, you're not good enough. Know your place.
Reply 13

Why are you guys always tagging each other?
Reply 14
Original post by iqra2159

Don't worry, they're not dating, apparently :rolleyes:
Original post by iqra2159

So it doesnt waste her time finding threads so i just do it for her as I am gentleman :wink:
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
If you're not in set 1 don't bother talking to girls who are set 1, you're not good enough. Know your place.

Savage! :biggrin:
Thanks for the responses I don't know why I asked because the girl actually used to date for a while a guy who is at least a set below me in everything.
Reply 18
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
Know your place.

I read this and had a good laugh. Ngl, girls in Set 1 will act or think like this time to time. Heck, I do. But ultimately they end up dating Set 4 or 5 pupils and will defend their very serious secondary school boyfriends to the end.

Bit late, but there you go.
(edited 7 years ago)
A's, B's, C's, E's, and F's will NOT land you a girlfriend. You know why? Because girls are all about D's.

badumtss

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending