The Student Room Group

Got with a guy at a party, upset a guy that fancies me

So, story time. I got with (snogged, a word I kinda love, kinda hate) with a guy that I don't really know that well, lets call him Tom at a party. I was drunk. I think I initiated such an interaction, got snapchatted and Tom is a bit of a player. But this kiss has really upset one of my close friends, lets call him Rob, that has fancied me for quite a while. Now Tom and I have been 'chatting' / flirting. What's really the difference? Im probably girl number 2756 he is 'chatting' to so I don't really know what to do there. But I also don't know what to do about Rob. I miss having him as a friend and feel really guilty about upsetting him. What do I do about Tom and Rob?
Why is Rob upset?
Original post by Anonymous
So, story time. I got with (snogged, a word I kinda love, kinda hate) with a guy that I don't really know that well, lets call him Tom at a party. I was drunk. I think I initiated such an interaction, got snapchatted and Tom is a bit of a player. But this kiss has really upset one of my close friends, lets call him Rob, that has fancied me for quite a while. Now Tom and I have been 'chatting' / flirting. What's really the difference? Im probably girl number 2756 he is 'chatting' to so I don't really know what to do there. But I also don't know what to do about Rob. I miss having him as a friend and feel really guilty about upsetting him. What do I do about Tom and Rob?

Tom sounds like a dick and Rob needs to untwist his panties.

Rob is clearly hurt. Have you already told him you will only be friends? Did he not know you don't fancy him? If you're that close, time for an honest chat. You value his friendship but don't want more. If he's jealous this time, he always will be if he can't have you. This will cause tension in any relationship. Any boyfriend you have will be put out by the stroppy petulant friend. If you have the chat and he can't get past it you may have to say goodbye to your friend
Regarding tom. He's a player, you know that. It was fun at a party but probably nothing more
Reply 4
You've upset Rob... He always wanted to be with a TSRian :frown:

Rob needs to get a grip tbh.. Do what makes you happy, not for Rob... Or maybe just go out with Rob.
Reply 5
Original post by Sammylou40
Rob is clearly hurt. Have you already told him you will only be friends? Did he not know you don't fancy him? If you're that close, time for an honest chat. You value his friendship but don't want more. If he's jealous this time, he always will be if he can't have you. This will cause tension in any relationship. Any boyfriend you have will be put out by the stroppy petulant friend. If you have the chat and he can't get past it you may have to say goodbye to your friend
Regarding tom. He's a player, you know that. It was fun at a party but probably nothing more

Yeah I already told Rob that I didn't like him romantically
Reply 6
If you already made it clear that you don't like Rob romantically or sexually then he has no right to get upset/angry at you. Tell him to grow up :laugh:

If you don't like Tom either then that's cool, just make it clear to him. And if you do like him, be careful gurrrl - you already know his reputation :tongue:
If you've shown no interest in 'Rob', then why he is getting upset I have no idea.
Do what you want to do.

If you feel bad for him, a quick shake and vac might alleviate any upset he has, then we'll see if he is still romantically interested in you
Reply 8
I don't want to like Tom! I initiated the kiss, but he the one initiating conversation. He is really odd like 'We should go out sometime.. who knows." I AM SO RUBBISH AT BOYS
Are you ever going see tom again , like out and about. If not you can always just stop messaging him? Pretend he doesnt exist.
Happens all the time haha.

Rob was probs just jealous, speak to him is probs the best thing. he wont care about the kiss next week. trust me
I don't want to like Tom! I initiated the kiss, but he the one initiating conversation. He is really odd like 'We should go out sometime.. who knows." I AM SO RUBBISH AT BOYS

Well make sure he knows it is as friends then. Don't let him build his hopes up, even if he is a player
Original post by Larissa14
Are you ever going see tom again , like out and about. If not you can always just stop messaging him? Pretend he doesnt exist.
Happens all the time haha.

Rob was probs just jealous, speak to him is probs the best thing. he wont care about the kiss next week. trust me

He goes to my school (great) and is in the year below (even greater)
Reply 12
you should end the friendship with Rob for both your sakes, clearly he cannot handle just "being friends" ...and everytime you get with a new guy or bf Rob will start acting up.

seriously, if he's unable to be friends you need to end the friendship ............................................................or become a nun :tongue:
If you don't actually like Rob in the romantic sense you can't really do much about it, he shouldn't be being arsey just cause he's jelly of tom the playa.
Original post by Trinculo
Why is Rob upset?

couldn't get a girl on tsr :cool:
@RobML what happened man
He goes to my school (great) and is in the year below (even greater)

If hes not in your year you wont see him around much.
Doe sit really matter is probs kisses a new girl everytime he goes out. stay away girl, hes trouble

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending