The Student Room Group

How to deal with grief for a 13 yr old?

Scroll to see replies

Grief can be an all encompassing feeling, it overwhelms you body and soul.

From my experience I found that writing helps. It might not work for you, but when I've felt overwhelmed by loss in the past I found that writing down my thoughts and feelings helped ground me a bit. It felt like writing them down and putting them in a notebook helped manage the feelings, almost as if I lifted them from me into that notebook for a little.

It might not work for you, we all deal with grief in different ways and there's no right or wrong way. I hope you feel better soon.
Original post by Ello32
I very well hope so. I dont understand tho.. everyone says things get better within time, but for me things are just getting worst!

When people say it gets better they mean after weeks/ months it's different for everyone, all the deaths I dealt with as a kid took a long time to get my head around.
Reply 23
Original post by tayyeb98
Never believe in a world in which our loved ones die and we never saw them again- that's just too depressing

Posted from TSR Mobile

IKR! Now i see why me and billions of other ppl believe in a after world. bcz sometimes bad things happen to good ppl and u cant help but believe you will meet again :frown:
Original post by Ello32
IKR! Now i see why me and billions of other ppl believe in a after world. bcz sometimes bad things happen to good ppl and u cant help but believe you will meet again :frown:

Exactly :smile: Just have patience- this life is only temporary
Feel free to PM if you want to talk more about it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending