The Student Room Group

Boyfriend ignores me but has time for games

Scroll to see replies

So, he is a thirty year old (?) glued to his computer screen and has no time for you. He gets abusive when you raise the issue. You are alone in a relationship where there are supposed to be two people and he is too thick to even notice you exist. When you dump him he will be mystified.

Get rid of him. He is an immature loser and you are better off alone. He makes no effort when he is with you, preferring to stare at his computer like a teenager rather than engage with the woman that loves him. He lives in a fantasy world of farts and stale pizza, and he thinks it's okay because you haven't really done anything about it.

Get some self respect. Go out with friends and ignore him. When he whines about it tell him to do one. He does not deserve you and he cannot change. Get it: he will not change. This is the rest of your life if you don't bale out on this loser now.
Is no one pointing out the fact that she goes to his place having made no arrangements to do anything? How is him asking you "what do you want to do?" when you've made no arrangements to do anything unreasonable? What was your reply to that question? Did you actually have something in mind that he rejected? Try planning an actual date and go out somewhere and see how that goes first. You're kind of doing the same thing over and over and expecting change.

Original post by Newbie_noob
30+ and he still plays games? LOL he needs to get his priorities sorted, I stopped playing games at 16 (I am a guy), now I am studying a highly respected degree with a good job at the end. Guys like him make me feel so much better.

As for your question tell him to grow up or you'll leave, some men only learn when they realise they'll lose the girl if they don't change, if that don't work then find someone else before you run out of time and your hair goes grey.

wut? Do you watch TV? read books? indulge in any form of entertainment? People don't just stop enjoying themselves after they get to a certain age haha.

Also I've won £2k+ playing games. Is that a waste of time? :wink:
(edited 7 years ago)
so what? find a hobby and leave him alone.
Original post by ChickenMadness
Is no one pointing out the fact that she goes to his place having made no arrangements to do anything? How is him asking you "what do you want to do?" when you've made no arrangements to do anything unreasonable? Try planning an actual date and go out somewhere and see how that goes first. You're kind of doing the same thing over and over and expecting change.

wut? Do you watch TV? read books? indulge in any form of entertainment? People don't just stop enjoying themselves after they get to a certain age haha.

Also I've won £2k+ playing games. Is that a waste of time? :wink:

I've been brought up in a highly conservative household, no games, girlfriends :frown: until after I graduate. Now I have justs grown out of games, I only play candy crush on the train no more than 15-20 mins, haven't played a proper game in a while, heck the only console I have is my ancient dusty PSP. Obviously I have urges and needs, I do watch some TV and stream a movie every now and then but most of my time is used up in studying/gym/work and the pub once in a while.

Yeah I am a pretty boring person. :frown: Thanks for hitting me with reality.
lol at how hysterical people in this thread are being with the tiny amount of information they've been given in the OP. Strong extrapolating.

She hasn't even mentioned in the OP that she gave him a reply to his question of asking her what she wants to do. So I'm assuming he asked him and she didn't have any suggestions.

Btw you could also try playing a game with him? If you have nothing in common and it's still like this after you've tried going out on dates together you should probably just break up.

I've been brought up in a highly conservative household, no games, girlfriends :frown: until after I graduate. Now I have justs grown out of games, I only play candy crush on the train no more than 15-20 mins, haven't played a proper game in a while, heck the only console I have is my ancient dusty PSP. Obviously I have urges and needs, I do watch some TV and stream a movie every now and then but most of my time is used up in studying/gym/work and the pub once in a while.

Yeah I am a pretty boring person. :frown: Thanks for hitting me with reality.

Theres nothing wrong with that. Also why no girlfriend until after uni? uni is the best place to get experience with girls. So many your age all in the same place. Never gonna get a better opportunity lol.
(edited 7 years ago)
I have many hobbies, friends and things I do with my time. I have self respect too.
I do have ideas of things I would like to do with him. The issue is that it's only me making decisions. He doesn't bother to cause he's glued to his computer. Even when I come up with something he'll make me wait hours while he messes about as he's got other 'priorities' like killing zombies going on.
I told him I felt disrespected that he wastes what time we have together acting as if I'm not here and that isn't a good relationship to be in. He called me a :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent:. Still wanna say "Get a hobby?" or that it's my fault?
Original post by Anonymous
I have many hobbies, friends and things I do with my time. I have self respect too.
I do have ideas of things I would like to do with him. The issue is that it's only me making decisions. He doesn't bother to cause he's glued to his computer. Even when I come up with something he'll make me wait hours while he messes about as he's got other 'priorities' like killing zombies going on.
I told him I felt disrespected that he wastes what time we have together acting as if I'm not here and that isn't a good relationship to be in. He called me a :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent:. Still wanna say "Get a hobby?" or that it's my fault?

He called me a B**ch
lol at how hysterical people in this thread are being with the tiny amount of information they've been given in the OP. Strong extrapolating.

She hasn't even mentioned in the OP that she gave him a reply to his question of asking her what she wants to do. So I'm assuming he asked him and she didn't have any suggestions.

Btw you could also try playing a game with him? If you have nothing in common and it's still like this after you've tried going out on dates together you should probably just break up.

Theres nothing wrong with that. Also why no girlfriend until after uni? uni is the best place to get experience with girls. So many your age all in the same place. Never gonna get a better opportunity lol.

I know, I know. :frown:

I really want to find a girlfriend but I have no luck and am not the most confident with girls, I went to an all boys school.

You sound like someone with experience, any advice would be appreciated. :colondollar:
Take the fuses out of the plug for his computer/console whilst he's asleep. That'll slow him down a bit.
Original post by EmilyLouiseR
I'm afraid it's boy thing. i make it clear to my boyfriend that it's fine that he games but i'm not a fan of being ignored. He needs to make time for you for your relationship to work. If he doesn't then it's time to think about if you want it to carry on. as heartbreaking as it is :frown: he needs to learn. It can't be like that forever, effort needs to be made from both sides, not just from you.
i often look at my bfs computer and be like what can i do to break it without it looking obvious haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have a way - PM me ill tell u
Original post by 0to100
he sends like a mess, even if I don't do that

introduce me to him so I can mash him

Original post by CurlyBen
Take the fuses out of the plug for his computer/console whilst he's asleep. That'll slow him down a bit.

Even better, replace his RAM e.g. if he has 8GB of RAM remove a chip so he is left with only 4GB, if the performance drop doesn't drive him crazy I dunno what will! :biggrin:
I know, I know. :frown:

I really want to find a girlfriend but I have no luck and am not the most confident with girls, I went to an all boys school.

You sound like someone with experience, any advice would be appreciated. :colondollar:

Just need to talk to them more and make more female friends and don't stop meeting/talking to new girls and making more friends. It's just a numbers game you'l end up getting into a relationship with one eventually.

If you keep putting yourself in positions where you can make friends with girls it's just a matter of time. I used to be really social and throw a lot of parties and thats how I met my last ex. She ruinned me though I have no life now lolololololol.
Just need to talk to them more and make more female friends and don't stop meeting/talking to new girls and making more friends. It's just a numbers game you'l end up getting into a relationship with one eventually.

If you keep putting yourself in positions where you can make friends with girls it's just a matter of time. I used to be really social and throw a lot of parties and thats how I met my last ex. She ruinned me though I have no life now lolololololol.

Your a legend my friend, a very handsome one. :redface:
Original post by Anonymous

lol should totally dump him. Pretty childish reaction for a 30 year old. Unless you're leaving out information as to why he'd react that way.

Your a legend my friend, a very handsome one. :redface:

np thanks haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending