The Student Room Group

Applying for the Loan

Hi everyone,

I have a couple of enquiries:

- Regarding to the evidence we need to send, Do I have to send anything else apart from the passport? And how can I know if I have to send anything else? (confirmation of my income, etc...?- They ask in the Tuition Fee request form for contact details of 2 people, Who does these people have to be? like family-friends...?
- I'll only need to fill and send the EUCO1 form only if I make any changes, right?

Thanks very much for your help!!
Original post by ifrailef
Hi everyone,

- Regarding to the evidence we need to send, Do I have to send anything else apart from the passport? And how can I know if I have to send anything else? (confirmation of my income, etc...?- They ask in the Tuition Fee request form for contact details of 2 people, Who does these people have to be? like family-friends...?
- I'll only need to fill and send the EUCO1 form only if I make any changes, right?

I'm moving this to the student finance forum as they will be best placed to advise. The other ways to look for info are by emailing them directly and having a look on their website. Each case is individual and based on your circumstances so it's best to contact them directly.
Hi everyone,

You don't have to send your passport - you could instead send a certified copy of your passport or ID card.
The 2 people need to be people who know you that you're likely to stay in touch with - it can be family or friends. They are who SFE will contact if they can't get in touch with you.

https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-forms/y/eu-full-time/year-1718/new-student has the details about how to get certified copies.

If your universities offer income based bursaries then you may get a follow up request for income information but for the tuition fee loan you only need to prove your identity in the first instance. SFE will ask for any other evidence
Hi everyone,

Hi,

In answer to your queries:

1. If you're applying as an EU student we will only require a certified copy of your passport or national identity card. We will send you correspondence to advise if we require further information or evidence and will also confirm this on your online account.

2. The contacts on the loan request form can be family or friends. They MUST live at separate addresses in order for the loan request to be valid.

3. The EUCO1 form is only required if making changes to an existing application.

Thanks
Reply 4
Thank you so much to you all, you were very helpful, really appreciate.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending