The Student Room Group

Girls: Would someone who smokes weed be a deal breaker?

Could you be in a relationship with someone who smokes weed (in private)?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous

If he's a constant stoner, then no.
Nope, but then anything more than the occasional drink would bother me.
Yeah, my boyfriend smokes it. I didn't like the idea before him though, but it doesn't bother me anymore.
Reply 4
If it's not around me then it's fine.

It'd depend on the scale of use, if they partake in it as little as a few times per year, I have no problem with that. It becomes an issue for me when it's a habit. That being said, there are millions of women out there who'd not care, so don't worry! :smile:
no one gives a ****
Reply 7
No, I hate the smell of it it just clings to everything
Not at all, in fact weed be good together.
Reply 9
It's fine unless they're obsessed with it. Like if they're only gonna be scouting out their next draw whenever we see each other then nah I'm not interested. Other use doesn't bother me though.
No. Anything smoke related (even the smell) is an asthma trigger. Really don't want to date someone who does something that will affect my health.
No I would not be in a relationship with someone who smokes weed because it's illegal in the UK even if it's "in private", so yes it is a dealbreaker.

And anyway it doesn't matter what they're smoking, I still won't be in a relationship with them regardless.
the smell makes me nauseous so probably no, also 'stoner guys' are so annoying and don't shut up about it
Original post by UWS
If it's not around me then it's fine.

Wtf,your a girl ?
Original post by Future.
If he's a constant stoner, then no.

Original post by slowdive
It'd depend on the scale of use, if they partake in it as little as a few times per year, I have no problem with that. It becomes an issue for me when it's a habit. That being said, there are millions of women out there who'd not care, so don't worry! :smile:

Original post by Amefish
It's fine unless they're obsessed with it. Like if they're only gonna be scouting out their next draw whenever we see each other then nah I'm not interested. Other use doesn't bother me though.

Once a week? You probably wouldn't even know tbh unless they tell you.

Once a week is not bad at all.
Reply 16

Once a week is ok... i guess.
Weed smell makes me nauseous so no
People (girls) are interpreting this as him smoking beside you.
Obvs you'd do that if she was chill with it but you could just smoke outside...

Don't see how it's any different to a couple glasses of wine or couple beers

Random fact: With Life Insurance (so companies will increase your prices if you do something hazardous ie smoke cigs) weekly cannabis use does not increase your prices and gets you accepted. Drinking more than 4 pints and 4 glasses of wine a week can quite often get you a loading on your premiums

Tl;DR - 4/20 blaze it
But don't become a stoner
(edited 6 years ago)
If you’d asked me this a few months ago I would have said ‘yeah Id be fine with it’

Now im just put off and hate the sight/smell of it, but then again that could just be the new change in lifestyle im going through- i.e this new fitness programme and things that have happened re my family ect and my PT has banned me from all drugs and alcohol which over time have just become a turn off now tbh
weed being good for you ect is all bs...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending