The Student Room Group

EU student Evidence

Hello , I need to send evidence of my identity , either an original passport or EU identity card to student finance. I am going on holiday in the next 3 weeks for a months time and I need my EU identity card. I have my EU passport but it has expired last year. Please tell me what evidence I should send ,whether I should send my EU passport that is expired or whether I should send my EU identity card but on that note will you return it to me within 3 weeks? I do not have any other form of identity except my British driving license. Please let me know ,thank you.
Hi lauramik,

Unfortunately we can't accept an expired passport from you. You would therefore need to send us your original EU identity card which is usually returned within 10 working days of receipt. However since you are travelling within six to eight weeks during our busy peak period we must therefore advise you not to send your ID card into us until you return from your travels.

Thanks
Reply 2
Okay , thank you. After I send my identity , how long would it take to process my application further ?
Hi Lauramik,

For processing EU ID evidence based on our current workflows we are currently taking seven working days (timescales can vary). Once we process your ID evidence we would then require you to fill in a UK residency form to confirm the addresses you have lived at in the UK for the five years prior to the first day of the first academic year of your course. You can get this form here. You would need to send this form back into us along with original evidence of your residency for that period. The form will confirm what you can send for this.

Once we accept your ID evidence and EU residency evidence the application would check any income if you were applying for means tested funding then it would move into workflows to finish processing the rest of it to get it approved.

Since there are a few different stages to go through you would be best to monitor your application via your online account or call us on 0300 100 0607 for an update. Applications can take around six weeks if we have all the evidence so if your ID is sent a bit later you would need to allow a bit extra time for this.

Thanks
I have the same problem. I have been living in the UK for the last year and I use my EU Identity Card to travel, because my passport has expired. I might have to travel end of July. Would you accept a certified copy of my Identity Card? I think that the Post Office offers a Document Certification Service.Thank you for your help.
Original post by Amadeus777
I have the same problem. I have been living in the UK for the last year and I use my EU Identity Card to travel, because my passport has expired. I might have to travel end of July. Would you accept a certified copy of my Identity Card? I think that the Post Office offers a Document Certification Service.Thank you for your help.

Hi Amadeus777,

We can accept a certified copy of your EU Identity Card, along with a certified checklist form.

http://bit.ly/1TW1Wbs - checklist form.

Thanks Catherine

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending