The Student Room Group

Never date a girl who wears make up / uses photo filters

Scroll to see replies

We wear makeup because we like to look good for ourselves. Also, some girls do like to take pictures of their selves without makeup.
Original post by constantine2016
We wear makeup because we like to look good for ourselves. Also, some girls do like to take pictures of their selves without makeup.

Yay someone gets it!
90% of the time, in my experience, women wear make-up first to improve thier own confidence. It is then that confidence that is often so attractive to people. It may sound like something obvious to say but you can't tar everyone with the same brush because your personal experiences all had one, extremely commonplace trait.
A lot of women wear make up, including your mother at one point and perhaps sisters if you have any.

Just saying.. :wink:
Finding excessive amounts of make up unappealing is understandable (its personal preference I guess) but demanding NO make up at all is something else all together. It would be very difficult finding a woman like that.

Personally I think that make up as an established practice is the epitome of femininity and I think femininity in a woman is very attractive. A bit of lipstick never killed anyone. In fact lipstick dates back to the neolithic period. Women would pain their lips to make them look like the vulva so they could attract mates. Kohl (eyeliner) has been used by women (and men) in the Middle East, Africa and Asia since 3000 BCE. Face power has been worn widely by women in Europe since the Roman Ages. It is a common human practice we have inherited from our ancestors.
(edited 6 years ago)
so... that rules out most women then
Reply 46
Yeah ok... and then when you see a woman without make up you won't want to date her either because shes doing nothing for you. piss off
Original post by TheBBQ
Make up is fine, but excessive use of filters is quite dangerous.

In particular, the animal filters seem to show which ones are hoes, so you should stay away from them if you seem them using animal filters a lot 🤔

lol what a clown, supposedly using an animal filter makes you a hoe?? Do you even make sense?
Original post by Joel 96
A girl who isn't insecure enough to wear makeup and use filters? That'd be the day.

Me :biggrin: there are people - I don't wear makeup.
Anyway, anyone who listens to you will end up single for the rest of their life.
Don't listen to the OP.
Original post by ClearSky
Me :biggrin: there are people - I don't wear makeup.

Beta female right here. ^
Original post by Badela
Just someone who doesn't wear make up around the clock.

lmao me
Original post by Anonymous
Beta female right here. ^

What? Just because I'm not insecure to the extent that I sleep with makeup I'm a "beta"?

A true beta hides behind anon 24/7.
Original post by Badela
Why?

Because it shows you how they like to fake themselves and how they will be fake with you and most of what they say!

You heard him women, get your foundation out and the sepia filters ready! If you don't want to ever have to date a misogynist like OP you better get your winged eyeliner on point :tongue:
Original post by Anonymous
lmao me

According to some people (see my post above this) you are also a "beta" :yes:

EDIT: it's actually above the one above this.
Reply 55
Original post by AppleB
lol what a clown, supposedly using an animal filter makes you a hoe?? Do you even make sense?

Yes, did you not know? It's called the hoe filter for a reason.
Original post by TheBBQ
Yes, did you not know? It's called the hoe filter for a reason.

Whys it called a hoe filter? Its just a filter?
On my very first date with the man who went on to become my husband I wore make up
I didn't think it was a lot, just an adequate amount to make me look presentable
Every date since then I always more the same make up
Even after we went steady with each other, moved in together and got married I've always worn make up in front of him
After a while it began to irritate him and he told me I didn't need to wear so much
I kindly told him it was sweet of him to say it but I wore it for myself
As the months went by it seemed to bug him every now and again and he'd always throw it out there, how one day he wished I would go out with him without any make up
So on one particular day when we had a dinner date with his friend and his wife and he was really looking forward to it I decided to dress nice but didn't wear any make up at all. Not even any lip gloss or mascara. And on that particular day my face was a hot mess, I had pimples everywhere and dry skin.
I said ok lets go and he honestly had the extremest look of shock across his face, he actually couldn't speak for a couple of seconds. then he started going "err... errr... are you ready?" and I said "yes I'm very ready lets go" and opened the door and walked to the car before he had the chance to say anything else
When we were in the car he didn't drive straightaway, he just sat there in silence for a few seconds and didn't say anything then looked at me like he wanted to say something but didn't know what to say.
I saved him the effort and just said "hey you kept saying you wanted me to not wear make up, you got your wish now" then bigged up how happy I was not to have to spend hours doing my make up. We still went to dinner and had a nice time but ever since then he hasn't said one word about me wearing make up. Doesn't even complain when I spend a little extra applying some more. Moral of the story - be careful what you wish for.
I like wearing make up and I'm also happy to not wear make up. Most of the time I don't wear it because I simply can't be bothered. But what I put on my face on a daily basis is my choice not yours and I wouldn't go anywhere near a guy who thinks otherwise.
your logic is ****

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending