The Student Room Group

Maintenance Loan Eligibility

Hello, I am a new European Student and I would like to apply for maintenance loan. However, in order to get more information, I tried to call Student Finance Services Non UK Team, but the number was not assigned. As a first year student who has never lived in the UK before, what do I need to do in order to be eligible to apply? Thank you.
Reply 1
Original post by Gabriela Podaru
Hello, I am a new European Student and I would like to apply for maintenance loan. However, in order to get more information, I tried to call Student Finance Services Non UK Team, but the number was not assigned. As a first year student who has never lived in the UK before, what do I need to do in order to be eligible to apply? Thank you.

The number for the Non UK Team is 0141 243 3570 if calling from inside the UK, or +44 (0)141 243 3570 if calling from outside the UK.

As far as I know, EU students have never been entitled to a maintenance loan unless you have migrant worker status in the UK, or have been resident here for a number of years. I'm sure someone at SFE can clarify this for you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending