The Student Room Group

Being a virgin in your 20s

Somehow ended up into this situation, and I've had zero chances to lose my virginity throughout my teens. I know it has to happen eventually but nothing seems to be changing.
You'll find someone soon. There's no shame or pressure in being one or to have sex. I know lots of people who are 20 odd who are still virgins; it honestly doesn't matter. There's so much pressure nowadays to not be a virgin but it's okay to be one, nobody is really bothered, they're more focused on the things happening in their own lives
Reply 2
Original post by seasidestudy
You'll find someone soon. There's no shame or pressure in being one or to have sex. I know lots of people who are 20 odd who are still virgins; it honestly doesn't matter. There's so much pressure nowadays to not be a virgin but it's okay to be one, nobody is really bothered, they're more focused on the things happening in their own lives

I've been hearing 'you'll find someone soon' for the past 6 years. I'm pretty much always an upbeat and positive person but this is the one thing that gets me down.
Believe me I understand but you shouldn't let it get you down, there's so many more important things in life to focus on, don't let one thing affect you so much. And you will find someone, but don't look for that person wait for them to come to you. Focus on the things that make you happy and something will happen when you least expect it to, that's the case quite often
What is it you actually want?
Reply 5
Original post by seasidestudy
Believe me I understand but you shouldn't let it get you down, there's so many more important things in life to focus on, don't let one thing affect you so much. And you will find someone, but don't look for that person wait for them to come to you. Focus on the things that make you happy and something will happen when you least expect it to, that's the case quite often

I have been waiting for quite a while now. All this stuff just seems to fall into the laps of everyone I know for some reason.
If it makes you feel any better, I'm 19 and have never even kissed someone... All I can say is to not concentrate on it too much, just throw yourself into your interests/studies
**** im 20 going 21 and haven't kissed a girl proper, I'm not awkward when it comes to girls I have a massive friendship group where have the people are girls and I've got no problem. It's just no opportunities have arrived.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Sir. TooJender-Vegine-Willie :smile:
I'm a 40 year old gamer who works part time in a library and I have still not lost it purely because I don't want to as I'm waiting for the right person so keep doing what you are doing brother!:tongue:
Original post by Anonymous
If it makes you feel any better, I'm 19 and have never even kissed someone... All I can say is to not concentrate on it too much, just throw yourself into your interests/studies

HAHAHAHA loser!
There's a good thread by another veteran TSR member about being a virgin in your 20s which is worth checking out.

However, I'm in the same boat and feel awful having gone through three years of university and having not lost it. Some of my friends are virgins but they turned down opportunities whereas I was never given one (if you aren't liked you don't get invited to parties, socials, etc where those opportunities are rife)..
There's a good thread by another veteran TSR member about being a virgin in your 20s which is worth checking out.

However, I'm in the same boat and feel awful having gone through three years of university and having not lost it. Some of my friends are virgins but they turned down opportunities whereas I was never given one (if you aren't liked you don't get invited to parties, socials, etc where those opportunities are rife)..

Can you link the other thread?
Can you link the other thread?

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4852362

Here ya go

Quick Reply

Latest