The Student Room Group

Student Finance Help

Hey!

I’m currently in Year 11. I have a French passport but I was born in England and lived here my whole life. My mum and siblings all have British passports.

Will this have any affect on getting a student loan? Would I be considered an EU student?
Original post by iBearHQ
Hey!

I’m currently in Year 11. I have a French passport but I was born in England and lived here my whole life. My mum and siblings all have British passports.

Will this have any affect on getting a student loan? Would I be considered an EU student?

Hi iBearHQ,

IF you were born in the UK, do you have a UK birth certificate? And can you advise if you hold dual nationality ?or are you a French national?

Thanks

Louise
Reply 2
Original post by Louise E SFE
Hi iBearHQ,

IF you were born in the UK, do you have a UK birth certificate? And can you advise if you hold dual nationality ?or are you a French national?

Thanks

Louise

I have a UK birth certificate but I am not a dual national.
Original post by iBearHQ
I have a UK birth certificate but I am not a dual national.

Hi iBearHQ,

If you were born in the UK and have a UK birth certificate and you state that you have lived in the UK since birth, you would be eligible to apply to Student Finance as a home student, as long as you meet the below residency requirements.

Must be ordinarily resident in the UK for 3 years prior to the first day of the first academic year of the course and

be ordinarily resident in the UK on the first day of the first academic year of the course.

Thanks

Louise

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending