The Student Room Group

HELP - Should I got to this Uni interview or not?!

Scroll to see replies

I am in the final year of my Social Work degree and I had to do something similar during the interview process but we werent told what we would be writing about. It wasnt as daunting as it seems and especially if you have the document with you now you have more than enough time to read it, make notes and research if needed. The term generally refers to children who are seeking to live in the UK legally but have no responsible adult to care for them (are unaccompanied). Under section 17 of the Children Act 1989, these children would be classed as in need where social workers have a duty to assess and provide support to ensure there needs are met eg education, health, housing. Its likely the child would be accommodated under section 20 of the Act and the SW will provide ongoing support to ensure the child is safe, achieving wellbeing, knows what is happening, help them to transition/access services and is aware of their rights and entitlements etc. Hope that makes abit of sense at this time of night - dont worry though, you wont be expected to be an expert. Id say go for it, youve got nothing to lose
Original post by pumpkinpandy
I didn't accept the offer from uwe, I got one from university of Kent for bsc anthropology so I'm in Canterbury now! A course being competitive just means it has lots of applicants, loads of them won't actually get through the stages, you're already at interview so have some confidence girl. If you need help with with the doc, upload it if you can and I'm sure loads of people will give you pointers I just think it's better to explore the options, especially since bath is a 15 mins train ride from Bristol and generally a nice place. .

Ok thanks so much for the advice! Much appreciated 😊
Original post by Abbiejadex
I am in the final year of my Social Work degree and I had to do something similar during the interview process but we werent told what we would be writing about. It wasnt as daunting as it seems and especially if you have the document with you now you have more than enough time to read it, make notes and research if needed. The term generally refers to children who are seeking to live in the UK legally but have no responsible adult to care for them (are unaccompanied). Under section 17 of the Children Act 1989, these children would be classed as in need where social workers have a duty to assess and provide support to ensure there needs are met eg education, health, housing. Its likely the child would be accommodated under section 20 of the Act and the SW will provide ongoing support to ensure the child is safe, achieving wellbeing, knows what is happening, help them to transition/access services and is aware of their rights and entitlements etc. Hope that makes abit of sense at this time of night - dont worry though, you wont be expected to be an expert. Id say go for it, youve got nothing to lose

Thank you so much for that advice. I think I’ll go for it! Which uni are you studying at? 😊
Original post by Harriet2017
Thank you so much for that advice. I think I’ll go for it! Which uni are you studying at? 😊

No problem, you totally should! Im studying at a college in Durham which is regulated by Teesside uni. I start my final placement in January working with adults who have learning disabilities and then should be qualified in July 😫 it totally flies by and opens up a lot of doors

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending