The Student Room Group

Cheating at clubs

so me and my girlfriend have been together since year 8, it’s a lot for how young we are i know but we still plan to go further. should i be worried about her wanting to go clubbing? i’ve heard many stories about mates getting cheated on when their girls are clubbing, and i’m finding it quite hard to not worry about this. any help?
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

If your having doubts about her cheating then is she really who you wanna be with?
If your having doubts about her cheating then is she really the one?
Reply 3
Original post by fschlieben
so me and my girlfriend have been together since year 8, it’s a lot for how young we are i know but we still plan to go further. should i be worried about her wanting to go clubbing? i’ve heard many stories about mates getting cheated on when their girls are clubbing, and i’m finding it quite hard to not worry about this. any help?

Since year 8??? So you've been together for several years and you're worried about her cheating when going clubbing?

Here's the question: do you trust her?
Reply 4
Original post by jay2013
Since year 8??? So you've been together for several years and you're worried about her cheating when going clubbing?

Here's the question: do you trust her?

i do, however i’ve had anxiety ever since we started dating and i have since had therapy to help deal with my insecurities. i just don’t like the idea of her being so excited for some sweaty room filled with blokes who would happily ruin a relationship to get their tongue down her throat :/ i just don’t know what to say to her really
only if she is out of your league and she runs into a premier league football player
Reply 6
Original post by hannah00
only if she is out of your league and she runs into a premier league football player

been there done that, she bumped into andy carroll in dubai, later found out he hit his wife :/
Reply 7
i do, however i’ve had anxiety ever since we started dating and i have since had therapy to help deal with my insecurities. i just don’t like the idea of her being so excited for some sweaty room filled with blokes who would happily ruin a relationship to get their tongue down her throat :/ i just don’t know what to say to her really

Does she know about the therapy? Does she know about your anxiety? If so, then talk to her about this?

If she doesn't know then maybe you could tell her?

If she's going clubbing, she's probably going with a group of friends right? (Side note: who goes clubbing by themselves anyway?). Has she been clubbing before? If not does she know the general do's and don'ts e.g. if you put your drink down then don't go back to it (in case it gets spiked)?
Reply 8
Original post by jay2013
Does she know about the therapy? Does she know about your anxiety? If so, then talk to her about this?

If she doesn't know then maybe you could tell her?

If she's going clubbing, she's probably going with a group of friends right? (Side note: who goes clubbing by themselves anyway?). Has she been clubbing before? If not does she know the general do's and don'ts e.g. if you put your drink down then don't go back to it (in case it gets spiked)?

see she seems a bit reckless when it comes to clubs, i have a gcse and some qualifications in music technology so i was hoping to get a job in a club to kind of see what it’s like. but neither of us have been to a club as we are both underage but i am fully aware of what happens at clubs thanks to some mates.

i’m just afraid she’s rushing into things a bit without thinking about what could happen and how many arse-holes there will be on the dance floor with her and her mates. however whenever i try to talk to her she just ignores it, i find it quite frustrating and she is fully away of the therapy i’ve had.
Akon might want to smack that , till she gets sore.

in all honesty, you should probably tell her that its something that makes you really paranoid.

Most blokes just dance amongst themselves or try and pull girls they already have a casual acquaintance with. 99% of guys dont have the confidence to approach strangers and the ones that do, have plenty of options and wont persist with someone who isnt interested.

I wouldnt worry
Reply 11
Original post by hannah00
in all honesty, you should probably tell her that its something that makes you really paranoid.

Most blokes just dance amongst themselves or try and pull girls they already have a casual acquaintance with. 99% of guys dont have the confidence to approach strangers and the ones that do, have plenty of options and wont persist with someone who isnt interested.

I wouldnt worry

i guess your right, we did have a bit of a plan sorted out and maybe i should just stay true to that and trust her, it’s just the wait, knowing it could be happening.

i hope she understands when i talk to her tomorrow morning, it doesn’t help my physical health, why do you think i’m up right now instead of sleeping ahead of college :/

i assume you’re familiar with the club scene?
(edited 6 years ago)
see she seems a bit reckless when it comes to clubs, i have a gcse and some qualifications in music technology so i was hoping to get a job in a club to kind of see what it’s like. but neither of us have been to a club as we are both underage but i am fully aware of what happens at clubs thanks to some mates.

i’m just afraid she’s rushing into things a bit without thinking about what could happen and how many arse-holes there will be on the dance floor with her and her mates. however whenever i try to talk to her she just ignores it, i find it quite frustrating and she is fully away of the therapy i’ve had.

Best to sit her down and talk frankly about all of this and how it's causing you a lot of anxiety (if you haven't already, I know you said you tried). Ultimately whether she goes or not is her decision but make sure you don't guilt her into not going. Also people tend to exaggerate what happens in clubs and she's going to go clubbing at some point in her life.
Reply 13
Original post by jay2013
Best to sit her down and talk frankly about all of this and how it's causing you a lot of anxiety (if you haven't already, I know you said you tried). Ultimately whether she goes or not is her decision but make sure you don't guilt her into not going. Also people tend to exaggerate what happens in clubs and she's going to go clubbing at some point in her life.

i guess, i’ll be in there with my mates most of the time. just the lingering thoughts and the bad dreams about all of it happening behind my back. cheers.
i guess your right, we did have a bit of a plan sorted out and maybe i should just stay true to that and trust her, it’s just the wait, knowing it could be happening.

i hope she understands when i talk to her tomorrow morning, it doesn’t help my physical health, why do you think i’m up right now instead of sleeping ahead of college :/

i assume you’re familiar with the club scene?

being in a relationship means accepting each other irrational fears. As long as your dont bring it up in a controlling manner like you expect her to not go clubbing, should be fine.

Maybe she just wants to go once ? Just mention that youve heard of other couples and its something that really stresses you out.

Yea tend to go out once a week.
Reply 15
depends on the girl really

I remember a couple of poll's from this site [from years ago] in which a lot of people voted and around 25% of people will actively cheat if they think they can get away with it.

no stats for this next part [just my opinion] but I believe a further 25% do not set out to cheat but are at risk of cheating if enough unfavourable conditions are present eg: intoxicated, mates are getting off with randoms, hot person coming onto them, feeling extremely horny, feeling slightly neglected by partner at home ...etc etc

come on we've all read posts by people who got drunk and got carried away somehow at the club and posts about it on tsr feeling very very guilty.

so imo 25% of people will cheat if a good opportunity presents itself and they think they can get away with it
25% of people may cheat if unfavourable conditions become ripe enough
and around 50% of people will not cheat no matter what.

Unless she gets really drunk then I would not worry, unless you have reason not to trust her? Don't make something that is not there though, don't waste your opportunity and lose what you have over nothing. If she is with a group of girls then there is a good chance she won't cheat, she'll just get grinded on w/o consent or hit on.
uh most people go to clubs to drink and dance, not to sleep around
the question 'well, do you trust her??'

misses the point entirely.

You may trust her normally.. but its perfectly rational not to trust all the guys around her, and also to trust her less after a shed-load of alcahol, inhibiting ones self control/mental capacity.

The answer to this question is always the same:

1, there is nothing wrong with worrying about your partner going clubbing, it is an inherently dangerous/risky situation.
2, there is nothing wrong with her wanting to go clubbing.. we all take risks to enjoy life

Answer: make a compromise. Go clubbing with her so you can protect her from any problems.. or make sure she always goes clubbing with a group of friends and at least one of them is not drinking etc. just talk about it and find a solution.

The solution is not that she always goes clubbing though, or that she never goes clubbing.. both of those will leave a tension in your relationship as one person is not fully satisfied.
Reply 19
Original post by fallen_acorns
the question 'well, do you trust her??'

misses the point entirely.

You may trust her normally.. but its perfectly rational not to trust all the guys around her, and also to trust her less after a shed-load of alcahol, inhibiting ones self control/mental capacity.

The answer to this question is always the same:

1, there is nothing wrong with worrying about your partner going clubbing, it is an inherently dangerous/risky situation.
2, there is nothing wrong with her wanting to go clubbing.. we all take risks to enjoy life

Answer: make a compromise. Go clubbing with her so you can protect her from any problems.. or make sure she always goes clubbing with a group of friends and at least one of them is not drinking etc. just talk about it and find a solution.

The solution is not that she always goes clubbing though, or that she never goes clubbing.. both of those will leave a tension in your relationship as one person is not fully satisfied.

yeah i think you’re right. we did have a plan set up that if she wanted to spend the night with her friends i’d be in the same club with my mates and spend about 20 minutes with her at the beginning and just before we leave (to make sure some of the blokes know she’s got someone). and the other times i’d spend the entire night with her, i did say ‘we wouldn’t be going EVERY week would we?’ in a casual way and i think she agreed. i still have a small wait to go until we are actually going to start going to clubs it’s just the fact that i’ve been worrying about this for a long time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending