The Student Room Group

Missed 3 pills in the first week

Hello, so I need some opinions. I missed the very first pill at the start of a new pack. Then I took 2 the next day. A day after I missed 2 more pills in a row. I thought I had taken them but apparently I didnt. Then I had unprotected sex during the time I missed those 2 pills. Is there a chance that I could be pregnant?
Possible but I wouldn’t count on it.

I think the bigger issue is your contraception. If you’re missing the pill, consider the implant or coil instead.
Reply 2
Original post by LouiseG90
Possible but I wouldn’t count on it.

I think the bigger issue is your contraception. If you’re missing the pill, consider the implant or coil instead.

What do you mean by implant or coil.
Reply 3
I also had bleeding 9 days after unprotected sex. It was light red and only when I wiped. It only lasted that day.
As alternative contraception instead of the pill. I had the implant for years and got on really well with it. It’s a little rod thing that goes in your upper arm.
Original post by MegM11
Hello, so I need some opinions. I missed the very first pill at the start of a new pack. Then I took 2 the next day. A day after I missed 2 more pills in a row. I thought I had taken them but apparently I didnt. Then I had unprotected sex during the time I missed those 2 pills. Is there a chance that I could be pregnant?

What sort of pill: combined (three weeks taking it, one week not) or progesterone-only (take one every day)?

If it's a combined pill, it's very unlikely, assuming you've been taking the pill every day apart from those lapses as you are very unlikely to have ovulated in those gaps and taking it from then on should prevent you from ovulating now. You should still have used an alternative method of contraception (condoms?) for seven days after restarting, given the gaps.

If it's a progesterone-only pill, it's unlikely but not quite as unlikely.

Original post by MegM11

Two forms of long-term reversible contraception that don't rely on you remembering to use them. The implant is staggeringly reliable, for example.
Reply 6
Original post by MegM11

There are other contraceptions than a pill or a condom. Both implant and coil are things that are put in you that you don't need to do anything about for years so difficult to forget them.

The implant is a small thin rod that's put under your skin in the inside of your upper arm. It is hormonal contraception like the pill. Depending on the implant it needs to replaced every 2 to 5 years. And is statistically more effective than the pill.

The coil is a small thing that is put into the small opening into your uterus. They have hormonal and non hormonal ones. Coils need to be replaced every 5 years usually.

If you're missing your pills constantly, probably best to use contraception that you don't need to remember to take.

Quick Reply

Latest