The Student Room Group

EU students maintanence loan from 2018

I believe that EU students are eligible for student loans (correct me if I'm wrong), but I have been on the gov.uk website and used the student finance calculator to check if I am eligible for maintenance loan and it said that I am not. I have been living in the UK for the past 13 years, so I thought I would be?
Original post by 808angele808
I believe that EU students are eligible for student loans (correct me if I'm wrong), but I have been on the gov.uk website and used the student finance calculator to check if I am eligible for maintenance loan and it said that I am not. I have been living in the UK for the past 13 years, so I thought I would be?

Hi 808angele808,

EU nationals must meet the following residency criteria to be eligible for Maintenace Loan and Tuition Fee Loan.

Must be ordinarily resident in the UK for 5* years prior to the first day of the first academic year of the course

be ordinarily resident in the UK on the first day of the first academic year of the course.

We would ask you to provide evidence of your 5 years residency in the UK once your application has been submitted.

Thanks

Louise

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending