The Student Room Group

I need a job my name is Amber

I am Amber and looking for a job I’m 14 I’m very responsible and if you want talk to my parents about hiring me msg me and you and my parents can talk for consent.😇
To explore your possibilities further you could speak to the designated lead for careers education at your school or teacher. :danceboy::hippie:

Try volunteering anyone can do it with parents consent however uk government set laws for employers:

not volunteering

https://www.gov.uk/child-employment/restrictions-on-child-employment

https://www.barnardos.org.uk/
(edited 5 years ago)
You're hired! See you monday
Original post by Amber2004
I am Amber and looking for a job I’m 14 I’m very responsible and if you want talk to my parents about hiring me msg me and you and my parents can talk for consent.😇

This isnt really the place to be advertising yourself- there arent any employers on here.
If you want a job, best to look for one. 9% of places dont actually take on under 16's due to all the laws surrounding employing under 16's and you also dont have a national insurance number.
Your best bet is a paper round. The best place to look for those is local paper shops etc etc.
There also might be the odd local cafe who wants someone or hairdressers who wants a tea lady/sweeper upper. But these are few and far between. And none of the big chains will touch you with a bargepole due to being under 16.
So a paper round is your best bet at your age. Or doing gardening/babysitting/dog walking etc in your local area.
It's actually cute how naively this thread was made
Original post by Cxm
It's actually cute how naively this thread was made

LOL

:badger::lolz::nyan:
Reply 6
Original post by Emma:-)
This isnt really the place to be advertising yourself- there arent any employers on here.
If you want a job, best to look for one. 9% of places dont actually take on under 16's due to all the laws surrounding employing under 16's and you also dont have a national insurance number.
Your best bet is a paper round. The best place to look for those is local paper shops etc etc.
There also might be the odd local cafe who wants someone or hairdressers who wants a tea lady/sweeper upper. But these are few and far between. And none of the big chains will touch you with a bargepole due to being under 16.
So a paper round is your best bet at your age. Or doing gardening/babysitting/dog walking etc in your local area.

Thx I didn’t know where to start
Original post by Emma:-)

Technically speaking, that's not true :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending