The Student Room Group

Am I eligible for UCAS extra if I get released?

I have picked and got accepted into five universities through choices. I picked one as my firm choice (with no insurance), and I am wondering if I release myself from my firm choice, I am then eligible for UCAS extra? Thanks.
Nope. If you don’t get the grades to match the offer. You’ll have to go to clearing.
Edit: if you release yourself now, you got until July for UCAS Extra
Thanks Doonesbury
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by bk0im
I have picked and got accepted into five universities through choices. I picked one as my firm choice (with no insurance), and I am wondering if I release myself from my firm choice, I am then eligible for UCAS extra? Thanks.

Yes, if you do it soon.
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/university/apply/what-is-ucas-extra

Original post by ProRoadman
Nope. If you don’t get the grades to match the offer. You’ll have to go to clearing.

Incorrect.
@Doonesbury is right.
Made an mistake.
Original post by bk0im

You don’t want to be “released that isn’t possible at this point in the cycle.

What you want to do is “change your replies” and change your firm to a decline.

You need to tell ucas this first and then get your firm to tell ucas that they agree too.
Reply 5
To confirm, the university I am trying to go to isn't one of the five I have initially picked. This would mean I can't apply through changing my replies. I assume I have to use UCAS extra or through clearing? Please correct me if I'm wrong. Sorry for the confusion.

Original post by PQ
You don’t want to be “released that isn’t possible at this point in the cycle.

What you want to do is “change your replies” and change your firm to a decline.

You need to tell ucas this first and then get your firm to tell ucas that they agree too.
Original post by bk0im
To confirm, the university I am trying to go to isn't one of the five I have initially picked. This would mean I can't apply through changing my replies. I assume I have to use UCAS extra or through clearing? Please correct me if I'm wrong. Sorry for the confusion.

Changing all of your replies to declines then you would be placed in extra.
Reply 7
Original post by PQ
Changing all of your replies to declines then you would be placed in extra.

Thank you very much for help. :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending