The Student Room Group

International Near-Miss Applicants for Durham

Hi!

I am an international student (USA) and I have a conditional offer to Durham University for Geography BA. I was supposed to get one more 5 on an AP test but instead I got three 4s. They have put me in the near miss group and will let me know once A Level results come out. I really really want to go to Durham and I would love to know if you have any advice or insight into my situation!

Thank you so much
Original post by slindh
Hi!

I am an international student (USA) and I have a conditional offer to Durham University for Geography BA. I was supposed to get one more 5 on an AP test but instead I got three 4s. They have put me in the near miss group and will let me know once A Level results come out. I really really want to go to Durham and I would love to know if you have any advice or insight into my situation!

Thank you so much

Hi,

The only thing you can do at the moment is be patient and wait for A Level results day to see if any update has been made to your UCAS Track. You may start thinking about Clearing to see where else you want to consider if you're not successful at Durham - so some research on that would be handy. You could also ensure you're getting everything in order for a visa application (if you need a Tier 4 visa to study in the UK). Other than that, sit tight and wait for A Level results day. If there's still no update on your Track on the day, give them a call to see where they're at with your application as they should make a decision pretty quickly after results are released.

Best of luck!
hey just wanted to ask @slindh did you get a reply from them today? i, too, am a near miss international applicant and they still havent given me a decision
Original post by anxiughty
hey just wanted to ask @slindh did you get a reply from them today? i, too, am a near miss international applicant and they still havent given me a decision

Because Durham are slowpokes.
Original post by random_matt
Because Durham are slowpokes.

ahaha do u have something against them lol (tho i do agree and it's so annoying i dont understand them)
ahaha do u have something against them lol (tho i do agree and it's so annoying i dont understand them)

No, not at all, I am moving there in five weeks. Believe I waited till March for my offer, while everyone else was having theirs in January. I already had my grades and wondered why do I have to wait (I'm really impatient).
No, not at all, I am moving there in five weeks. Believe I waited till March for my offer, while everyone else was having theirs in January. I already had my grades and wondered why do I have to wait (I'm really impatient).

oh that must have sucked but hey youre going to durham now aye
oh that must have sucked but hey youre going to durham now aye

Yes indeed, what you waiting for?
Yes indeed, what you waiting for?

for them to make a decision on my application coz im a near miss applicant lol (and have been one for the past month) so now i'm going around asking people who were/are also a near miss applicant if theyve heard anything back from them
for them to make a decision on my application coz im a near miss applicant lol (and have been one for the past month) so now i'm going around asking people who were/are also a near miss applicant if theyve heard anything back from them

Studying what, or should I say hope to study.
Studying what, or should I say hope to study.

economics and politics (so understandably it'd take longer than most ughhh)
economics and politics (so understandably it'd take longer than most ughhh)

I see, where u from?
I see, where u from?

philippines tho i live in london (does this impact my decision wot)
philippines tho i live in london (does this impact my decision wot)

Hell knows, doubt it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending