The Student Room Group

How do I prevent getting run over by my date whilst on a date?

She's either gonna sit and smile at me throughout the date, or run me over by the end. I'd rather not get run over on our first date tbh.
Thought this would be the best place to ask this. Any advice?
bring flowers
Is it bad I don't understand what you're asking?
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
bring flowers

Do all girls like flowers on a date? I'd be scared of buying the wrong type and getting double run over
Slash her tyres.
Hide her keys.
Reply 5
Original post by pereira325
Is it bad I don't understand what you're asking?

I'm just asking for advice on how to keep her happy on our first date. I want to see her smile not the underside of her car.
Reply 6
Just stay at home then, innit
Original post by harryg135
I'm just asking for advice on how to keep her happy on our first date. I want to see her smile not the underside of her car.

Oh right. Gotcha. Okay, I guess as they say don't talk politics or religion and if in doubt, like a good Brit, bring up the weather!!!

Think before you speak and try and gauge what sort of character she is. If she's a talkative, social person, let her do most of the talking and run the show. However, you've gotta be more than a "dummy" who nods along, if that's possible of course. If she's more reserved, throw in a few compliments (same for any scenario actually), but not too many to avoid being a creep, plus try to stick to eyes not at breasts lol, and do your best to avoid having awkward silences.
Reply 8
Oh right. Gotcha. Okay, I guess as they say don't talk politics or religion and if in doubt, like a good Brit, bring up the weather!!!

Think before you speak and try and gauge what sort of character she is. If she's a talkative, social person, let her do most of the talking and run the show. However, you've gotta be more than a "dummy" who nods along, if that's possible of course. If she's more reserved, throw in a few compliments (same for any scenario actually), but not too many to avoid being a creep, plus try to stick to eyes not at breasts lol, and do your best to avoid having awkward silences.

We've been chatting online for a few weeks and she seems like the type you could have a convo with about anything for hours. Being in the UK I have a feeling it'll probably just rain anyway :tongue:

What do I do when stuff goes a little quiet in the convo? This will prob be the time she thinks about her plot to run me over so it's best avoided.
Talk about yourself a LITTLE but ask about her A LOT
Let her talk and ask open questions, so she can't say "yes or no"

Avoid bigging yourself up. Even if you are a great musician, you "play a bit" if you are an artist, you "keep trying to improve"
We've been chatting online for a few weeks and she seems like the type you could have a convo with about anything for hours. Being in the UK I have a feeling it'll probably just rain anyway :tongue:

What do I do when stuff goes a little quiet in the convo? This will prob be the time she thinks about her plot to run me over so it's best avoided.

That's great!!! Clearly you know quite a bit about eachother so your personalities are a "decent" match atleast, and clearly the looks are there on both sides.

Well, considering the above, you're not going to get run over. Unless you say something really radical like you have a poster of Donald Trump above your bed! Ha. Infact, things could get goooood for you. I'll leave that up to your imagination, lol.

When it gets quiet... well, it's bound to happen at some points. Just don't feel like the silence is awkward, if that's possible. It's only awkward, if you make it awkward. If it goes quiet take a sip of your drink, or you know, actually eat your food, whilst thinking of something else to say. It's a date, not an interview! If you really "like" her I'm really sure you won't struggle to think of nothing, and worse comes to worse, you can say stuff about what she's wearing even. Again, watch the weird out potential. So saying, the great you're wearing is great, blue is actually one of my favourite colours. But, don't add on, where did you buy it from? Ha.

Goodluck mate and don't over-stress. Get a good nights sleep and bring your a-game in improvisation. And a few jokes never go amiss!
Reply 11
Don't walk out on the road.
Reply 12

this would be a good time to bring up your toe nail fetish
Reply 13
That's great!!! Clearly you know quite a bit about eachother so your personalities are a "decent" match atleast, and clearly the looks are there on both sides.

Well, considering the above, you're not going to get run over. Unless you say something really radical like you have a poster of Donald Trump above your bed! Ha. Infact, things could get goooood for you. I'll leave that up to your imagination, lol.

When it gets quiet... well, it's bound to happen at some points. Just don't feel like the silence is awkward, if that's possible. It's only awkward, if you make it awkward. If it goes quiet take a sip of your drink, or you know, actually eat your food, whilst thinking of something else to say. It's a date, not an interview! If you really "like" her I'm really sure you won't struggle to think of nothing, and worse comes to worse, you can say stuff about what she's wearing even. Again, watch the weird out potential. So saying, the great you're wearing is great, blue is actually one of my favourite colours. But, don't add on, where did you buy it from? Ha.

Goodluck mate and don't over-stress. Get a good nights sleep and bring your a-game in improvisation. And a few jokes never go amiss!

Yeah I deffo feel comfortable talking to her, it's a good feeling! Luckily I don't have any Donald Trump posters up anywhere so that's good :u:

Tbh we don't really know what sort of date we want to go on at the moment. We've both agreed that sit down meal dates seem a little too 'formal' so we wanna do something a little more fun like exploring the city and maybe getting a drink somewhere. Something like that would make silences not so awkward at all, and obviously there will be plenty to talk about.

Cheers for the advice mate! Appreciated :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by Jono*
this would be a good time to bring up your toe nail fetish

What if she prefers a guy with a finger nail fetish instead?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending