The Student Room Group

I broke up with my gf & slept withsomeone else - we are back together, do I tell her?

Basically I broke up with her because I wasn’t feeling it. Then I slept with someone else 1-2 weeks after. I don’t know whether or not to tell her or to leave it?
Original post by Peter Pete
Basically I broke up with her because I wasn’t feeling it. Then I slept with someone else 1-2 weeks after. I don’t know whether or not to tell her or to leave it?

Lol this is some ross and rachel **** from friends. But i think you should be honest as you never know in the future when it may come out however you could keep it in and no one would really know about it besides you. I have no idea to be honest all down to you pros and cons for bo h
Original post by anonymous
lol this is some ross and rachel **** from friends. But i think you should be honest as you never know in the future when it may come out however you could keep it in and no one would really know about it besides you. I have no idea to be honest all down to you pros and cons for bo h

they were on a break!!!
Original post by username4281544

What would telling her achieve? Shes an ex. Leave her alone.

Missed the fact you are back together.

Up to you, but better to be honest imho as she may find out anyway. She might not react well and in those circumstances you cant really blame her as it doesnt sound like its going anywhere.

You might say you were split, but she might worry it was more a time out and it didnt take you much time to shag someone else, so it didnt mean that much to you.

In any event I dont see you celebrating your 50th anniversary with her.

Id go for tell and see if you have a future or if you want to be selfish and just enjoy having a convenient gf and sex, then dont tell.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by 999tigger

They're back together now.

My heart bleeds for this tumultuous young love, have to say.
If you're together you should probably tell her. Otherwise if she finds out she might get upset.
Normally I'd say don't tell her, but someone in the comments says you got back together in which case you absolutely have to tell her. Be prepared to break up again over this. You might not have know you were getting back together when you did it but now you're back together you have to tell her. If you don't she'll just figure it out on her own, and that'd be waaay worse.
I think if you've got back together you should tell her, as things have a nasty habit of being discovered, and it will be much worse if you leave it and don't tell her.
Tell her, when you did the dirty you were broken off. There’s no reason for her to be pissed at that.
Reply 9
Because you did it 2 weeks after breaking up I do think you should tell her, if she takes it well (which I doubt) then we’ll done, if not then leave this relationship behind and move on with your life and let her do the same.
Original post by 999tigger

yes g
Original post by Notoriety
They're back together now.

My heart bleeds for this tumultuous young love, have to say.

Grrr its in the title- failz. hate that its like when I miss the fact its a bumped thread and ten years old.

You need to be careful with the blood loss. You cant just keep on giving.
Listen here, I've gone through some birds in my time as my age insinuates, I've also survived 2 world wars. Quick question, were the lights off, because you could say you thought it was her? Used that in the past and I'm still with my bird #sheisfat
i wooooood
There are very few things that have been as culturally destructive as Friends.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending