The Student Room Group

Doesn't having sex before marriage kill the excitement?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DrawTheLine
Considering that's not what I said no I don't have data...

I was saying my opinion that it's best to have sex before marriage. I never said people who have sex before are more sexually compatible, I'm saying you'll know if you are or not before marriage.

Why are you anon for this?

Its certainly what you've implied. You said, "my opinion that it's best to have sex before marriage" earlier on you posted (paraphrasing) ,how would someone know they were sexually compatible if they didn't have sex before mariage?) so i'm asking if you have data to back up this assertion. You don't have to have said it verbatim, if you don't believe couples who have had sex with eachother before marriage are more compatible then what is the point of your post? pointless.

As for, "Why are you anon for this?" question - Why is this any of your business?. Trying to deflect away from yourself, nice try.
Original post by Gent2324
why does marriage have to trigger the new chapter with the person you love? surely you saying that all thats going to change is that theres now a piece of paper binding you two together is an arguement saying that we should have sex before marriage? since marriage doesnt change much? i dont really see why anyone would wait for a moment that could never come, if you have things to look forward to it stops you from being happy, for most people who believe in sex after marraige - if they knew they were going to die in 2 days, they would likely have sex with their partner even if they werent married. you could die anyday so i dont see why people would live life assuming that they will be alive next week.

lol so should people live under the constant fear that they might die in the next week?
Original post by Anonymous
Its certainly what you've implied. You said, "my opinion that it's best to have sex before marriage" earlier on you posted (paraphrasing) ,how would someone know they were sexually compatible if they didn't have sex before mariage?) so i'm asking if you have data to back up this assertion. You don't have to have said it verbatim, if you don't believe couples who have had sex with eachother before marriage are more compatible then what is the point of your post? pointless.

As for, "Why are you anon for this?" question - Why is this any of your business?. Trying to deflect away from yourself, nice try.

Lol why are you taking this so seriously, it's just a discussion about if people should get jiggy before they sign a bit of paper

I can't control how you interpret my opinion so I apologise for how you feel about it.

And actually I was asking about anon because there's no need to be anon in this discussion, it's not a topic that's particularly sensitive or identifying, nor is it embarrassing. So I was genuinely curious why you felt you have to be anon to talk to me about my opinion.
Original post by Mystelle
lol so should people live under the constant fear that they might die in the next week?

No why should you be fearful of death? It’s coming for you regardless of how you feel about it. I’m saying people should do everything they want to do in life whenever they can, waiting is pointless. If you live your life ready to die tomorrow then it proves that you’re happy in life because you don’t need to do anything more to make you happy
No why should you be fearful of death? It’s coming for you regardless of how you feel about it.

That depends. Death in a car accident would be a lot more frightful to me than death due to a natural cause, e.g. failure of an organ due to old age.

If you live your life ready to die tomorrow then it proves that you’re happy in life because you don’t need to do anything more to make you happy

Well of course we'd all want that but it's not always possible, with time and money being common limitations.
I don't think it spoils anything, other than it gives couples a chance to see if they're sexually compatible before signing their lives away to each other. I think having a sexual relationship changes things a lot, and getting married changes things too, so you don't really know what you're getting into with your marriage unless you "test" it before.

I also think marriage is outdated and overrated in many ways. It's up to couples if they want to get married, but there seems to be too much emphasis on the day and how much is being spent than what it actually means. I've said to my partner that I don't want to get married, but I would happily do it if he wanted to - but I would be having a quiet ceremony with as few people as possible, as I want it to be about the love we have for each other above anything else.
If you are a virgin, you havent actually had sex or anything like that so when you married it is more exciting, because you have no one else to compare to so you'll enjoy the intercourse as it your first experience of pleasure with someone.
Yeah by doing it yourself. But if you aren't sexually compatible then you won't be able to pleasure each other. Imo these are the things you need to find out before you get married.

thats why people date and need to communicate. I never liked the sexually compatible argument. People need to be open minded about their partners wants and needs but if those preferences are not for you, its not a match. communicate.

If you're both virgins then you won't know what your sexual preferences are. You can guess but you won't know for sure
Well of course we'd all want that but it's not always possible, with time and money being common limitations.

You could die in an accident yes, but fearing about it isn’t going to help or be beneficial, there’s little to nothing you can do to stop an accident or getting shot or dying from a disease etc. Money and time definitely isn’t a limitation, there are starving people in Africa that have no money and live very short lives but they are still grateful and happy for what they have.
Original post by Secretnerd123
I'm a virgin and waiting till i get married so this is from MY point of view so be nice.
I often see couples cohabiting or having sex before marriage and THEN marrying years down the line (if they do) but to me, marriage is a whole new chapter with the person you love. whats the point of doing EVERYTHING before marriage. all thats going to change is that theres now a piece of paper binding you two as husband and wife.

Also, I am aware that some of you will say "what if you're not sexually compatible"? but its all down to luck I guess. There are millions of couples who waited till marriage and are happy in the bedroom so that statement holds no value to me.

I totally agree! Intimacy is about love, and if you love them enough to marry them, then I'm 100% positive that you'll be sexually compatible
You could die in an accident yes, but fearing about it isn’t going to help or be beneficial, there’s little to nothing you can do to stop an accident or getting shot or dying from a disease

Uhhh yeah you can...? Having a fear of road accidents would make you more cautious when driving, so as a result you might be less likely to fiddle on your phone whilst driving, or take more caution when crossing the road, so you're avoiding the risk of having road accidents.

Money and time definitely isn’t a limitation, there are starving people in Africa that have no money and live very short lives but they are still grateful and happy for what they have.

Yes but I don't think everyone is that grateful. For most other people who don't have a lot of money, e.g. young people, if they heard that they only had 1 more week left to live, wouldn't they be more likely to feel bad that they never had the opportunity to travel to exotic places?
Reply 71
Just have anool seks till then.
Original post by Anghdavies
I totally agree! Intimacy is about love, and if you love them enough to marry them, then I'm 100% positive that you'll be sexually compatible

That is very naive.
Uhhh yeah you can...? Having a fear of road accidents would make you more cautious when driving, so as a result you might be less likely to fiddle on your phone whilst driving, or take more caution when crossing the road, so you're avoiding the risk of having road accidents.

if there was much you could do then there wouldnt be hundreds of people dying everyday for these reasons.

Yes but I don't think everyone is that grateful. For most other people who don't have a lot of money, e.g. young people, if they heard that they only had 1 more week left to live, wouldn't they be more likely to feel bad that they never had the opportunity to travel to exotic places?

that only applies to people that arent happy, which is why im saying if you do what you can do to be happy you wont feel bad if you were to die.
well marriage IS just a piece of paper. it only grants you power over the other’s possessions or body in case of death/accidents, and accounts for some shared incomes at most. what’s the point of marrying someone if you’re not 100% sure you love everything you do together?
also some couples don’t have the possibility of marrying yet lol
Original post by Secretnerd123
Anon, you actually made a great point.

As appealing as sex is to me right now, It would be the last thing on my mind if I was told I had 2 days to live. I would spend it in worship and being with my loved ones.

whats the point of sinning days before your death when that time could be used repenting?

but if I had someone special in my life, I'd marry them just to experience it. I wouldn't have sex with just anyone

I would say the point would be so that you can actually experience one of the great experiences of life before it's taken away forever.If I had two days to live I certainly wouldn't be spending it praying.
Lol why are you taking this so seriously, it's just a discussion about if people should get jiggy before they sign a bit of paper

I can't control how you interpret my opinion so I apologise for how you feel about it.

And actually I was asking about anon because there's no need to be anon in this discussion, it's not a topic that's particularly sensitive or identifying, nor is it embarrassing. So I was genuinely curious why you felt you have to be anon to talk to me about my opinion.

Calm down dear, you're projecting.
Like i said before, why anyone on the internet decides to use Anon is none of your business. Your thoughts about it are irrelevant.
if there was much you could do then there wouldnt be hundreds of people dying everyday for these reasons.

that only applies to people that arent happy, which is why im saying if you do what you can do to be happy you wont feel bad if you were to die.

Yes I agree :smile:

Maybe they should.I doubt the leicester city owner thought he was going to die so early yet it still happened.The future isn't guaranteed.
Original post by RS564
Maybe they should.I doubt the leicester city owner thought he was going to die so early yet it still happened.The future isn't guaranteed.

Imo that's unnecessary. I'd just take safety precautions in everything I do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending