The Student Room Group

Leukaemia and extra support

Hi,

I'll be starting uni in September of this year. I have chronic myeloid leukaemia and receive oral chemotherapy for this, and get symptoms off the tablets. I'm currently receiving ESA but expect this to change when I go to uni, and I'll be getting a part time job. Is there any extra support I could receive money wise, as I don't know how I will physically react to doing a part time job alongside my university studies.

Thanks
Original post by Phildjm
Hi,

I'll be starting uni in September of this year. I have chronic myeloid leukaemia and receive oral chemotherapy for this, and get symptoms off the tablets. I'm currently receiving ESA but expect this to change when I go to uni, and I'll be getting a part time job. Is there any extra support I could receive money wise, as I don't know how I will physically react to doing a part time job alongside my university studies.

Thanks

Hi,

Provided that you do not already hold an equivalent or higher level qualification, you will be eligible to apply for the Tuition Fee Loan, Maintenance Loan, Supplementary Grants (if applicable) and Disabled Students Allowances (DSA). If apply for DSA, you will be asked to provide the following evidence;

- A diagnosis of your condition
- Whether or not your condition is long term
- How your condition has an adverse effect on your ability to carry out daily activities

Thanks,
Erin K

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending