The Student Room Group

Year abroad funding?

Hello, I am currently studying a three year Accounting & Finance course with the option of either a year abroad or a placement year in the third year. However, I completed a year doing Biomed at a different university last year but dropped out. I hear that you can only get funding for 4 years so I was wondering if I would be able to get funding for a year abroad or if I would have to fund it myself?

Original post by Stewartkatie
Hello, I am currently studying a three year Accounting & Finance course with the option of either a year abroad or a placement year in the third year. However, I completed a year doing Biomed at a different university last year but dropped out. I hear that you can only get funding for 4 years so I was wondering if I would be able to get funding for a year abroad or if I would have to fund it myself?

Hi Katie,

A student is entitled to funding for the duration of their course plus 1 additional year. However, we must take any previous study into account when determining your entitlement. To allow us to calculate your entitlement, can you confirm if you will be transferring from a 3 year course to a 4 year course with a study abroad year please? How many years of previous study do you currently hold?

Thanks,
Erin K

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending