The Student Room Group

How do I message my crush without being weird?

I'm a bi girl at the end of my first year of uni and there's this girl I've seen around campus a lot who I have a crush on.
I know about as much as I can without going out of my way to find out about her. I really don't want to cross into stalker territory here but I like her.
I sort of met her once before, back around valentines day. One of the uni societies (IDR which one) had a singles event and my roommate/friend dragged me along. When we were there we ran into this girl, and it turned out my roommate was also her friend.
So the mutual friend introduced us and we talked for a while. Maybe 15 mins to half an hour. The only reason we stopped talking is because I had to get the bus back to my accommodation, and she walked me to my stop. I don't know why I didn't get her number, and I went to find her on facebook but I didn't have her last name.
As this happened, our mutual friend dropped out of uni and moved home. It wasn't exactly all simultaneous but everything went on during the February half term. When my roommate dropped out we kind of lost touch, and I didn't think to ask her for this girl's number back then.
A month or so after, this girl had a piece of work displayed in the arts centre which had a couple lines about her next to it.
From all that I've got her first name, that she's an art student, she's in the same year as me at uni, and from our conversation I know some basic stuff about her (some basics about her family and what she wants to do in the long run). She also told me which accommodation building she's in but it's the biggest and there's hundreds of students in there. If I had to guess I'd say our schedules probably don't overlap, but only because usually she's leaving when I arrive (both of our courses are in the humanities building and as I arrive at uni and go to my classes I usually see her leaving or sat in the cafe).
I didn't know if she liked women but yesterday night the campus LGBT+ group held a pride event. I didn't make it but I'm part of the group on facebook and they posted some pictures today of the event and she's in them wearing a t shirt that literally reads lesbian. It actually has the word "lesbian" on it. I didn't know she was gay but I went onto the LGBT+ society page and there it was. And she's tagged on the picture.
I want to talk to her but I'm not sure how to do it. I want to message her but I don't want to come off as weird or stalkery.
As someone who gets weird messages a lot if I got a facebook message saying "hey we've only talked like once but I've seen you around and I like you" I'd probably report it.
I'm just really awkward and I don't know how to talk to women and I am very very aware that there is a thin line between sweet and scary.
shes probably gay or bisexual.
Reply 2
Original post by Rid The Kid
shes probably gay or bisexual.

She's a lesbian, which is why she was at the LGBT+ society thing and she had a shirt that said lesbian on it. I'm just not sure how to talk to her and if I officially broach the line between cute and creepy by messaging her using the tag on that picture.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending