The Student Room Group

Cant find a job / no experience

Ive been applying for jobs for a very long time but i always end up getting rejected, i am 19 so it is very bad that I haven’t had a job yet. I am now free up until September so i can work pretty much everyday which makes it more likely for me to get a job , i have applied for some already but i haven’t heard back , this is probably due to me not working before so i was wondering if you have any tips. Should i try handing CV in store instead of online
try volunteering as they would be able to give you profressional references and experience. Although you won't get money, it shows employers that you are willing and a better track record of employability.
yeah maybe try handing in your cvs personally
check shops eg tk maxx or other retailers
Original post by ddsizebra
try volunteering as they would be able to give you profressional references and experience. Although you won't get money, it shows employers that you are willing and a better track record of employability.

^I agree
Original post by Nournash
Ive been applying for jobs for a very long time but i always end up getting rejected, i am 19 so it is very bad that I haven’t had a job yet. I am now free up until September so i can work pretty much everyday which makes it more likely for me to get a job , i have applied for some already but i haven’t heard back , this is probably due to me not working before so i was wondering if you have any tips. Should i try handing CV in store instead of online

Try mcdonalds, they take on a lot of students
Appy for a training in the field you would like to get a job at. Train for a couple of weeks. If they find you adequate, they’ll employ you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending