The Student Room Group

I don't trust men at all.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by CHANELDIAMONDS
Yeah i do try but then again i don’t care

But you do care. That's why you did tsr post! No reason for you to put up with disrespect from them.
Original post by mgi
But you do care. That's why you did tsr post! No reason for you to put up with disrespect from them.

i posted so op doesn’t feel alone
Understandable and very common.
Reply 23

But does a post or a text stop a person feeling alone?
Original post by mgi
But does a post or a text stop a person feeling alone?

it has for me sir
Reply 25
it has for me sir

How does that work though? Is it not better to meet up face to face with friends than texting or am I just stating my own( rare?) preference?
Original post by Anonymous
During my childhood, I saw my father cheat multiple times on my mother with several different women. That greatly affected me as a teenager and now as an adult. I already had a mistrust with men but gave a guy a chance thinking maybe things would be different for me. I got cheated on twice in my past relationship over a year ago, which has cemented in me this mistrust with men. If a guy compliments me I automatically say they're lying. If a guy is interested in me, I immediately think that they're trying to play me and I won't fall into that trap because I'm not stupid. I don't believe in love. I hate it. Sometimes I want to over come these feelings but a few seconds later, I go back to the same mind set and forget about it. Has anyone felt this before?

It's understandable that you feel this way, you just want to protect yourself. I think you should take a long break
Reply 27
Original post by Yasmin1224
It's understandable that you feel this way, you just want to protect yourself. I think you should take a long break

Yes, but this Op is currently choosing to allow her previous negative experiences dominate her life and attitude towards men. " i dont believe is love " is a silly statement tbh and based on what? a few unpleasant guys she has met ot known! But it is her life and her choice; but how sad.
Original post by mgi
How does that work though? Is it not better to meet up face to face with friends than texting or am I just stating my own( rare?) preference?

wait what
Original post by mgi
Yes, but this Op is currently choosing to allow her previous negative experiences dominate her life and attitude towards men.

Yes thats why I said she should take a long break from the dating scene to focus on other things like her career, her apartment, friends, and family. She should focus on working on herself, and maybe getting some optimism back, before she gets back into the dating pool.
Reply 30
Yes thats why I said she should take a long break from the dating scene to focus on other things like her career, her apartment, friends, and family. She should focus on working on herself, and maybe getting some optimism back, before she gets back into the dating pool.

Yes. I agree with you.
I appreciate it, thank you.

I definitely am taking this time to focus on myself, my education and my goals and I agree with you, a long break would do me good. Thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending