The Student Room Group

Big Clearing dilemma

So I had firmed the uni of leeds for engineering and pretty much got my place through consistent emails with a member of the department who checked my grades and decided to give me an offer (Got results last year). However, in the small window where clearing opened up for SQA results, I started doubting whether I should go to leeds of Manchester, which was another uni I applied for. Just before clearing closed again, I had released my leeds offer and applied to Manchester through clearing who said they will accept me (confirm it on Tue 13th and it will show on track on Thurs 15th). However, looking deeper into course modules, I see leeds options are much more interesting and I realise it was a mistake to let the leeds offer go and I want it back. I realise that on results day, if I try to gain an offer through clearing, they would want my clearing number to view my profile, but since I've sent an application to Manchester, my clearing number is gone. I have tried emailing the department who I've been in contact with previously as they know who I am and can see previous emails and would be able to say if they could reoffer my space, but they have not replied. Now I am worried that Leeds won't be able to give me a guaranteed offer without me going back into clearing which leaves me at risk of going to neither uni. Even if leeds do guarantee me a place, it will have a deadline of 24 or 48 hours and Manchester may take longer than that to release me. My only hope would be to confirm it tomorrow and ask Manchester to release me tomorrow, the day before results day, before it gets hectic for them. Do you think I they will be able to reoffer me a place before results day? And if not any advice on what to do? Also, am I correct in assuming it may take longer for Manchester to cancel my clearing choice or would they be able to do it instantly on the phone? I have literally put myself into this stressful situation for no reason :frown:
Ring Leeds today and explain that you got nervous and made a mistake and ask if they’ll accept you back via clearing.

Because they were one of your original 5 choices they can see your application without your clearing number.
Original post by PQ
Ring Leeds today and explain that you got nervous and made a mistake and ask if they’ll accept you back via clearing.

Because they were one of your original 5 choices they can see your application without your clearing number.

I didn't realise they could still view my application, I'll ring them up now. Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending