The Student Room Group

I have gained so much weight in the summer what should I do?

I weighed about 50kg before summer and now I am 56kg. I can't go to the gym so what can I do before school opens. I at least want to lose 3kg and be 53kg.

Thanks
Do you want to exercise more? Or eat healthier?
Youtube has some good work out videos, find a person you like and do some of their videos every day: Joe Wicks has some high intensity stuff, I like Lucy Wyndham-Read for quick videos
Could also go for walks/runs around your local area
Eat less.
You can’t make any difference before school.
I lost 7lb in 2 weeks by drastically cutting down my carb intake with no exercise. By eating no bread, potatoes, pasta etc. that made a massive difference but of course everyone is different
Reply 4
My advice would be go running and eat less. Running is a very good way to burn calories.
Reply 5
1.drink water whenever you feel hungry because sometimes your body mistakes thirst for hunger. so drink water and if you find that you are still hungry even after drinking water, then you are hungry. in this way, you wont be eating lots of unnecessary calories.
2. be active: you could do house chores or tidy up your room. go for a light walk outside especially after dinner, or take your dog for a walk. instead of taking public transport or cars, walk. try doing brisk walking. if you dont like running, this is much easier version of it. climb stairs instead of taking lifts. dance to songs that you like in your room. you don't have to do any dance routines, just dance freely, whatever moves you've got. if you don't like doing workouts, this is a fun thing to do. basically try keeping your body active whenever possible
3. eat healthier options: switch your white bread to wholegrain bread. limit your intake of sugary foods. whenever you go shopping, choose foods that have green labels on them. green is healthy option and you can choose yellow ones too but avoid the red ones. hide all the junk food and sweets somewhere you can't easily find so your not tempted. 30 min before you eat, drink a glass of water. eat in a small plate. this can help you to eat less. eat slowly. take your time to chew your food.
4. get a good amount of sleep every night. try to get at least 7~8 hours of sleep. not sleeping enough can contribute you to gaining weight.

Quick Reply

Latest