The Student Room Group

Doing something cathartic - talking to my crush's crush.

I've had feelings for one of my close friends for about 2 years now. Let's call this friend Train (I'm literally looking out the window). Problem is, Train likes Chair (excuse these terrible names), and definitely doesn't like me (sexuality, sadly). Chair doesn't even know Train likes them, and I believe I am the only person Train has told about their feelings for Chair, whose sexuality means they wouldn't like Train, either. What a fun love triangle this is.

The thing is, I'd always villianised Chair in my head. I was angry that Train liked them, and I'd cling on to any negative thing that my friends said about them. When I saw their posts on Facebook and Instagram, and saw my crush liking them, I was hurt.

It took a long time, but I actually had to get in touch with them due to a mutual friend setting up an event, and I decided that hey, maybe I should stop directing my anger at someone who can't help that my friend likes them, and maybe has made a few bad decisions, but I don't know well enough to judge them as a terrible person. So we got chatting, and, well, Chair isn't actually so bad.

I'm not even sure why I made this post, but honestly, I feel a lot better now than I did a day ago.

If you are ever feeling negative, it starts to take its toll after a while. Turn those thoughts into something better, or take action. It really helps. Peace.
Original post by Anonymous
I've had feelings for one of my close friends for about 2 years now. Let's call this friend Train (I'm literally looking out the window). Problem is, Train likes Chair (excuse these terrible names), and definitely doesn't like me (sexuality, sadly). Chair doesn't even know Train likes them, and I believe I am the only person Train has told about their feelings for Chair, whose sexuality means they wouldn't like Train, either. What a fun love triangle this is.

The thing is, I'd always villianised Chair in my head. I was angry that Train liked them, and I'd cling on to any negative thing that my friends said about them. When I saw their posts on Facebook and Instagram, and saw my crush liking them, I was hurt.

It took a long time, but I actually had to get in touch with them due to a mutual friend setting up an event, and I decided that hey, maybe I should stop directing my anger at someone who can't help that my friend likes them, and maybe has made a few bad decisions, but I don't know well enough to judge them as a terrible person. So we got chatting, and, well, Chair isn't actually so bad.

I'm not even sure why I made this post, but honestly, I feel a lot better now than I did a day ago.

If you are ever feeling negative, it starts to take its toll after a while. Turn those thoughts into something better, or take action. It really helps. Peace.

I'm glad you realised they weren't a bad person :smile:
Honestly the nicest thing to do in this situation, remembering that the other person isn't a bad person and you may even become good friends and you could get over your crush (Though if the crush knows that they don't have a chance with their crush then I guess they'd be getting over their crush at one point too so who knows what'll happen ) but the main point is that this is a nice way of going about this situation rather than letting negativity in too much

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending