The Student Room Group

24 student loan

Hi, I have done a year course for AAT LEVEL 3 and got a 24 loan to pay for this course. During the course I realised it was not for me but I finished the course. I now would like to do a access course for a year then onto a three year degree course. What I would like to know is would the degree course count as 3 separate loans if so because I have had a loan for the AAT course so would this mean I wouldn't be able to get a loan for all of my studying as this would be 5 loan? If you could help I would be greatful. Thank you Hayley
Original post by Hayleymai17
Hi, I have done a year course for AAT LEVEL 3 and got a 24 loan to pay for this course. During the course I realised it was not for me but I finished the course. I now would like to do a access course for a year then onto a three year degree course. What I would like to know is would the degree course count as 3 separate loans if so because I have had a loan for the AAT course so would this mean I wouldn't be able to get a loan for all of my studying as this would be 5 loan? If you could help I would be greatful. Thank you Hayley

Hi @Hayleymai17, your Further Education previous study does not affect your eligibility to be awarded higher education funding. You are eligible for up to 4 Advanced Learner Loans but only one of those can be an Access to Higher Education course.

Based on the information you have provided, you have used 1 Advanced Learner Loan(previously known as 24 plus loan). You will be able to receive funding for your Access to HE course as long as you have never had funding for an Access to HE course in the past and as long as you still meet the residency eligibility criteria.

After you have completed your Access to HE course, you will then be able to apply for Higher Education funding from Student Finance England (as long as you meet the eligibility criteria). Once you have completed your Higher Education course and gained a qualification then you will be eligible to have your access course loan written off.

Further guidance:
Advanced Learner Loan facts
Advanced Learner Loan How to Apply
Advanced Learner Loan Eligibility
Advanced Learner Loan Repayments

Thanks, Isaac.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending