The Student Room Group

Contact with parents question

Hi,

I've applied for my student finance (it has been approved), but have a question about my application:

For the question "which of your parents are you in contact with", I simply put "mother", as she is the parent I am most in contact with and have always lived with outside of term time. My parents have been divorced for over 10 years. However, I am in occasional contact with my father.

Will I need to change my application, or should this be fine? Looking at the PDF student finance application form this question appears to be "Which parent do you normally live with, or have more contact with?" which is why I simply ticked my mother in the online application.

Any help appreciated
Many thanks
- Sarah
Original post by turnover1234
Hi,

I've applied for my student finance (it has been approved), but have a question about my application:

For the question "which of your parents are you in contact with", I simply put "mother", as she is the parent I am most in contact with and have always lived with outside of term time. My parents have been divorced for over 10 years. However, I am in occasional contact with my father.

Will I need to change my application, or should this be fine? Looking at the PDF student finance application form this question appears to be "Which parent do you normally live with, or have more contact with?" which is why I simply ticked my mother in the online application.

Any help appreciated
Many thanks
- Sarah

Hello,

No, we won't need any corrections; you've completed the application correctly if your parents are divorced and not living with a cohabiting partner.

We will only need the financial details of the parent you spend most time with or live with.

If your mother has never sent in any marital status evidence to us (such as a photocopy of a divorce certificate) we'll need a copy sending in.

It can be sent to the following address with a customer reference number:

Student Finance England
PO Box 210
Darlington
DL1 9HJ

Regards, Dean.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending