The Student Room Group

Do you think parents dying is a heartbreak or is it just something that happens to ev

everyone?
My aunty just passed from the virus and shes like my own mum. Last year uncle passed from cancer. It feels horrible. Thinking about it will drive me crazy. They are like my own parents, raised me like one and cared for me like their own child. I am 20yrs old and I feel glad that I was able to get to the stage in my late teens where I could ask how they were and have actual conversation.. My cousins are all older as my aunty and uncle married young in their late 30s early 40s. Was an age gap between aunty and uncle of 20 yrs. Aunty is 61 and uncle 81. My heart breaks for my cousin brother who lived with them. He took care of my aunty and took her to dialysis for the past 17yrs, took care of my uncle when he had cancer. And now both are gone and I know its hitting him extremely hard. Last year when my uncle went we were all strong for my aunty and gave her all the support. We all felt the absence of my uncle esp my aunty. But we knew this would happen with the age gap and we all thought my aunty is going to be with us for a long time. My mum and I would take her shopping, would go to her house before going to work in the day, do everything with her.... Now less than a year later the virus took my poor aunty... I wasn't even able to give her the mothers day gift I brought for her. Anyways its not about me tis about my cousin. Now all of a sudden both parents are gone and his world is falling apart.... back to my question why is parents dying not considered a heartbreak but seen but seen as something that happens to everyone...
I understand not everyone is close with their parents but a lot do have good relationships and its extremely sad how normalised it is... esp for those who surround their lives around their parents
like my cousin did ... what are your thoughts
We all die and everyone's parents will die. This doesn't mean there is no heartbreak. I worry for the time my parents will die and I don't know how I will cope. Death is one thing that we all will be able to relate to at some point in our lives.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending