The Student Room Group

University abroad?

So I want to go to uni in another English speaking country so bad. I just feel so depressed and trapped in England, and I want to make a choice that’s my own and live my own life. I was thinking somewhere in America, Canada, Australia or New Zealand. The issue is I don’t have the insane amount of money it cost for international students in these places, especially America. Scholarships are hard to get especially if you’re just average, even if you’re extremely smart they’d rather give it to someone there. I just don’t know how I’m supposed to make this dream a reality, I feel like I can’t, and I’m never gonna do it. And I need to do it.
Reply 1
I’m in the exact same boat!!!! I feel so trapped here in England, I want to go to uni in Canada so bad
Original post by misszara
I’m in the exact same boat!!!! I feel so trapped here in England, I want to go to uni in Canada so bad

Sameee Canada’s my no1 option. The people are super nice, and a good mix of cold and hot weather. The drinking age also isn’t 21, and there’s less mad people than America. Do u have any ideas on how you’re gonna go to uni there? When do u have to start choosing uni options?
Reply 3
Original post by Lilysmithxoxo
Sameee Canada’s my no1 option. The people are super nice, and a good mix of cold and hot weather. The drinking age also isn’t 21, and there’s less mad people than America. Do u have any ideas on how you’re gonna go to uni there? When do u have to start choosing uni options?

I agree! They are so lovely, and I especially agree about the less mad part, I wouldn’t go to uni in America because of the guns and violence etc. But anyways, I’m in my GCSE year which means I gotta start picking like next year. Im probably thinking about it quite early but thinking about studying in England just fills me with depression. When do you have to pick?
Original post by misszara
I agree! They are so lovely, and I especially agree about the less mad part, I wouldn’t go to uni in America because of the guns and violence etc. But anyways, I’m in my GCSE year which means I gotta start picking like next year. Im probably thinking about it quite early but thinking about studying in England just fills me with depression. When do you have to pick?

I originally thought about America, but I’d find it weird to live in a place where racism and homophobia are still so big, obviously not everywhere but even the president is just a misogynist. I’m in y11 rn but better to think about it early. I just don’t see it happening money wise, but I cant see myself living here.
Reply 5
I originally thought about America, but I’d find it weird to live in a place where racism and homophobia are still so big, obviously not everywhere but even the president is just a misogynist. I’m in y11 rn but better to think about it early. I just don’t see it happening money wise, but I cant see myself living here.

Me too. I can’t see myself living here. Apparently in Canada its so expensive like 30k a year? Crazy stuff
So I want to go to uni in another English speaking country so bad. I just feel so depressed and trapped in England, and I want to make a choice that’s my own and live my own life. I was thinking somewhere in America, Canada, Australia or New Zealand. The issue is I don’t have the insane amount of money it cost for international students in these places, especially America. Scholarships are hard to get especially if you’re just average, even if you’re extremely smart they’d rather give it to someone there. I just don’t know how I’m supposed to make this dream a reality, I feel like I can’t, and I’m never gonna do it. And I need to do it.

Hey,

Opportunities to studying abroad can be very hard to find without funding being that some of the requirements are very high so they don't favour everyone. One of the options you could take is an Erasmus exchange programme where when you get enrolled to a UK university you can opt to study part of the your course overseas while still being eligible for student loan and sometimes even grants for living. Unfortunately its not for the whole degree but atleast you will get time away. It's not available for all Universities so try checking their International Student Exchange Programs if you are interested.
The other are other options as you said to apply independently but will need you to fund yourself or scholarships.

Hope this helps.
Doreen-maria- Official Student Rep 😀
i'm so desperate to study in New Zealand!!!!! :frown: hOw

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending