The Student Room Group

Changing my course

I applied and was accepted into studying philosophy BA with foundation year with the university of nottingham but for various reasons have now realised that this is not the course for me. I have many reasons behind this but I'm now worried it is too late to do anything about it. I regret my choice of course and wish I had chosen health and social care BA with nottingham trent university instead. I have been thinking about this for a while so it's not a rash decision or anything. It's far too later to re apply to NTU to begin studying in 2020.

The way things are looking, I believe I will get the grades I need for my current course at UoN which I think eliminates the choice of applying to NTU through clearing. I heard about something called adjustment but am not too sure what that is. I suppose my main concern is that if it gets to results day and I call NTU asking to be given a place in health and social care, will they be likely to accept me seeing as I applied at a different uni for a course that is completely irrelevant to health and social care?

Sorry this was so long, I'm quite stressed about it and really don't have a clue what to do so any advice would be really appreciated, thanks!
I'm not entirely sure but have heard there's clearing or adjustment where you can see if NTU has any spaces left for Health and Social Care. I think you'd have to ask to be released by your firm and insurance on results day though, if NTU decide to offer you a place.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending