The Student Room Group

I’m getting married during the academic year and not sure what to do!?

Hey guys,
So my partner and I are currently living apart with our parents. I’m about to begin my PGCE in September to finish next year July. We have hopes on getting married in May.. does anyone know if this will affect my student finance? Or what id need to do, as May is basically the end of my academic year will this affect my entitlement seeing as the last student finance payment is in April? I wouldn’t want to get into any trouble for fraud of anything
Original post by KEKEA
Hey guys,
So my partner and I are currently living apart with our parents. I’m about to begin my PGCE in September to finish next year July. We have hopes on getting married in May.. does anyone know if this will affect my student finance? Or what id need to do, as May is basically the end of my academic year will this affect my entitlement seeing as the last student finance payment is in April? I wouldn’t want to get into any trouble for fraud of anything

Hi - how old are you ?
Reply 2
Hi, I am 26
Original post by murpo
Hi - how old are you ?
Original post by KEKEA
Hi, I am 26

If your not married until May then you won’t be assessed as being married for the academic year as per regulations. However the next academic year 21/22 you will have to state you are married.
Reply 4
Original post by murpo
If your not married until May then you won’t be assessed as being married for the academic year as per regulations. However the next academic year 21/22 you will have to state you are married.

Thank you so much for your help! How do you know this? Because I thought that because my circumstance changes during the academic year it would affect me, hence why I’m worried
Original post by KEKEA
Thank you so much for your help! How do you know this? Because I thought that because my circumstance changes during the academic year it would affect me, hence why I’m worried

It’s the regulations.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending